Some Lesser Known Facts About Jackie Miller James
- Jackie Miller James is an American social media influencer who is known for suffering from a brain aneurysm before her last week of pregnancy on 2 June 2023 and coming out of it on 3 July 2023.
- Before becoming a full-time influencer, Jackie spent six years working for a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. Additionally, she has prior experience as a backup dancer for various artists.
- On 2 June 2023, Jackie’s sisters revealed that Jackie was in her ninth month of pregnancy and was one week due to give birth when she suffered from a ruptured brain aneurysm which led to severe brain bleeding and injury. She was found unconscious in her home in California when her husband Austin took her to the hospital immediately. After reaching the hospital, the doctors performed an emergency C-section to deliver her daughter and also performed brain surgery. The child was taken to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) where she remained for 12 days. James was induced coma and underwent five separate brain procedures.
- According to the Cleveland Clinic, when a brain aneurysm bursts, about 25% of people pass away within a day, and around 50% die within three months due to complications. Among those who survive, about 66% suffer lasting brain damage. However, receiving appropriate medical care can lead to a complete recovery without significant disability.
- In the GoFundMe campaign, her sisters wrote,
We are deeply saddened to share that our sister, Jacqueline (Jackie), was nine months pregnant and one week from her due date, when she suffered an aneurysm rupture, leading to severe brain bleeding and injury. Jackie was found immediately by her husband, Austin, and was rushed to the emergency room and into an operation where they performed an emergency C-section and brain surgery simultaneously.”
- GoFundMe raised more than $170,000 to provide speech therapy, physical therapy, home modifications, and alternative therapies.
- She recovered after one month and came out of the coma. In an Instagram post, her family talked about her recovery and said,
We are beyond thrilled to share that your loving prayers for Jackie have been working! Jackie is awake and was recently transferred to one of the best neurological rehabilitation hospitals in the country. The doctors have been pleased upon her latest tests, numbers and evaluations, noting that Jackie is performing above expectations at this stage of her recovery and is progressing more with every passing day. We are currently navigating rehabilitation needs, medical bills, and insurance claims. The resources raised from the GoFundMe will allow us to continue to give Jackie the very best care and every chance at recovery.”