|Profession(s)||TV Host, Actor, Entrepreneur, Script Writer, Filmmaker|
|Famous for||Hosting the spiritual shows ‘Awakening of Mind with Brahma Kumaris’ and ‘Karmabhoomi’|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1969|
|Birthplace||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Death||30 April 2021|
|Place of Death||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Age (at the time of death)||52 Years|
|Death Cause||She died after suffering from the COVID-19. India Today|
|Hometown||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Jamia Millia, Islamia, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Mathematics and Computer Science in 2018 Kanu Priya's LinkedIn Account|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Not Known|
|Children||She had two daughters.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kanu Priya
- Kanu Priya was an Indian actor, TV host, entrepreneur, and filmmaker. She was known for hosting popular spiritual shows. ‘Awakening of Mind with Brahma Kumaris’ and ‘Karmabhoomi.’
- At an early age, Kanu Priya developed an interest in spirituality, and she loved to discuss various topics on spirituality with her friends and family members. In an interview, she explained that why she described herself as a spiritual seeker, she said,
I was always inquisitive about life, that is why I was good anchor but when spirituality happened I started asking questions about life and that’s why I became a seeker. It gave me answer to things which I never knew.”
- After earning a master’s degree in Mathematics and Computer Science, Kanu Priya started her career as an actor, and she appeared in over 80 serials and 50 telefilms, including Bhanwar (1998-99), Kahi Aek Gaon, Meri Kahani, Kartavya, Tesu Ke Phool, Tumhara Intezar Hai (2002), Anaro, Ranjishen, Ab Aur Nahi, and Sur Sargam.
- Kanu Priya was also a theatre artist and delivered some memorable theatrical performances.
- In the 1990s, she joined Doordarshan as an anchor where she hosted many popular evening live shows.
- Later, Kanu Priya joined the Aastha channel, where she worked as an anchor for many popular spiritual shows for seven-eight years.
- According to Kanu Priya, it was her talkative nature that led her to become a successful anchor and TV host. In an interview, she revealed that she had no interest in becoming an anchor, she said,
I was very good in talking (laughs), so I became an anchor. I always enjoyed getting information and was able to connect it together and pass on to people. I never wanted to be an anchor; it just happened and even as an anchor I was involved in so many others things. In the early 90s, anchoring was more formal and now it is more informal, because that is the trend. It is just a conversational flow of thoughts.”
- When she hosted the TV shows ‘Awakening of Mind with Brahma Kumaris’ and “Karmabhoomi,’ it made her a household name.
- In an interview, Kanu Priya talked in length about her TV show Karmabhoomi, she said,
“Karmabhoomi” is a youth oriented innovative and socially responsible concept with a vision for 2020. Basically it is to create leaders, who can inspire the youth to follow a path of self-improvement and decision making by the year 2020. The series has six main protagonists who believe in changing the world. Each of them will deal different issues like feminism, body image issues, creating awareness regarding mental health among youngsters, tackling the various problems of old-age, creating recycled products, adverse effects of societal pressure and creating awareness for environmental issues. We will be going to every university, every college with our Karmbhoomi leaders. It is all about how, what and why. What we are going to do is create leaders so that they can inspire others.”
- She also hosted some shows on tantra, numerology, and astrology.
- Apart from being an actor, anchor, and TV host, Kanu Priya was also a successful media entrepreneur. In June 2005, she established Gul Guncha Arts, a production house in Noida. Starting with documentaries and short films, the production house later ventured into creating talk shows and semi-fiction series including ITZz MY LIFE (on NDTV Imagine), Simply Pure Bites (on Saadhna ), Call Mitra (on News24), and New Age Parenting (on Headlines Today), and since 2015, it has produced many fiction series including Karmbhoomi (on Bindass Channel), The Desi K’s (with over 20 million views on YouTube), and Ardhsatya – Jeevan Ke Rahasya (for Dish TV’s OTT Platform ‘Watcho’).
- In 2014, Kanu Priya started an acting academy, Actor Unveiled, in Noida, with an aim to give a suitable platform to aspiring actors. Since its inception, the academy has produced many skilled actors who have performed at prestigious locations including Russian Culture Center for Science & Culture, Alliance Frances, Canvas Laugh Club (Noida & Gurgoan), and Max Towers.
- Kanu Priya was a big fan of Ebrahim Alkazi, an Indian theatre director and drama teacher.
- She was a dog lover, and she loved to post photos of her pet dogs on social media.
- On 30 April 2021, she breathed her last after battling the novel Coronavirus. Sister B. K. Shivani of Brahma Kumaris shared the news of Kanu Priya’s untimely demise through an Instagram post in which she wrote,
Om Shanti Angels … Last night a very beautiful angel, a chosen instrument of God … Sis. Kanupriya left her mortal coil and moved forward to another magical destiny of radiating happiness and health to millions of souls. Kanupriya is a pure soul, caring, compassionate, selfless … always a giver. She lived for a higher purpose … to create a beautiful world … and we know that even though the costume will change … she will always be God’s angel, whose every life will be surrendered to His will and His task of creating The New Age. Let us all meditate and radiate gratitude and blessings to her … Thank You Beautiful Soul for being who you are and will always be.”