Age: 44 Years
Husband: Aniruddha Thatte
|Profession(s)||Journalist, RJ, Talk Show Host, Author, Editor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Selected among 12 best anchors of next-generation across all the Indian news channels by Pitch Magazine (2004)
• Best Anchor’s ward by Ekta Mission (2005)
• Amity Media Excellence Award for being the most promising young female journalist (2010)
Awards won by her show ‘Zindagi Live’
• ‘Best Talk Show’ by indiantelevision.com for six seasons
• ‘Best Talk Show’ by the Indian Television Academy
• Ladli Media Award for gender sensitivity by UNFPA
|Date of Birth||31 May 1975 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||• Seventh Day Adventist School, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
• St. Francis Convent School, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
• Christ The King College, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
|College/University||• Behari Degree College, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
• APTECH Computer Institute, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in Science
• A Masters Diploma in Computer Software Development
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1997|
Daughter- Ayesha Thatte (Born as Ishita Thatte)
|Parents||Father- Dr. Harish Badal (Doctor)
Mother- Rekha (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Yashh Badal and Tapas Badal
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Waheeda Rehman|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Kashmir|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Richa Anirudh
- Richa was born into a middle-class family in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh.
- After her birth, her family shifted to Uttar Pradesh and lived there in a small Primary Health Centre (P.H.C.) in Mundha Pande.
- After a year, her family moved to Dhanaura in Moradabad district, UP.
- When Richa was 6 years old, her family shifted to Jhansi; as her father was transferred there.
- She was good at arts in her school days and actively participated in co-curricular activities.
- After completing her Masters Diploma, Richa moved to Delhi and started working at SPIC MACAY.
- In 1996, she started her career as a freelance anchor with DD-National. There she hosted a program titled “Ankur.”
- After her marriage, she relocated to Ajmer and worked there as a trainee journalist with “Dainik Navjyoti,” a Hindi daily of Rajasthan.
- In 2001, she returned to Delhi and worked for Pt. Ravi Shankar as an Office Administrator. Subsequently, she started anchoring for DD Sports and ETV Urdu. In the same year, she was selected as a Radio Jockey in AIR FM.
- Her career as a news journalist and anchor began in 2002 when she joined Zee News as a reporter.
- She worked there for 3 years, and in 2005, joined Channel 7 (later named IBN7) as a special correspondent and news anchor.
- In 2007, she started the talk show “Zindagi Live” on IBN7, which continued till 2013. In 2017, she brought back the show on ETV as “Zindagi Live Returns.” Later, she launched the show on YouTube with the title “Zindagi With Richa.”
- Richa has also worked as an RJ for 92.7 BIG FM. She hosted the breakfast show “Dilli Meri Jaan,” which dealt with the everyday issues of Delhi people. She hosted another show “Big Heroes,” which celebrated the spirit of the unsung heroes.
- Richa is also the Editor-in-chief of a school magazine titled “School Live.” The magazine acts as a platform for the students of different schools to read, write, and share their views with others.
- She is the Brand Ambassador LPU’s SQL (School Quiz League), an initiative to identify and nurture young talents.
- Richa is actively involved in philanthropy and works for social causes like child education, girl child empowerment, and taking care of the environment.
- She has appeared in 3 seasons of the game reality show “Kaun Banega Crorepati” as an expert advisor.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a pet dog, Rio.
- She follows the preachings of the spiritual guru, Osho.
- Here’s an interesting video about Richa Anirudh’s biography: