|Birth name||Yekaterina Vladimirovna Putina Bloomberg|
|Real name||Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova|
|Nickname||Katya Business Insider|
|Profession(s)||Tech executive, scientist, former acrobatic dancer|
|Famous For||Being the younger daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||31 August 1986 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Dresden, East Germany (now Germany)|
|Hometown||Leningrad (now St. Petersburg), Soviet Union (now Russia)|
|School||• Peterschule (1991)
• German School Moscow
|College/University||• St. Petersburg University (2005 - 2009)
• Moscow State University
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Studied Asian History and majored in Japanese History SheThePeople
• Master's degree in Physics and Mathematics Reuters
|Controversies||• Katerina is the youngest daughter of Vladimir Putin, though Putin has publicly never claimed nor agreed to the fact that Katerina is her daughter. NPR
• She has been accused by the USA for hiding the Russian President's assets. The Hindu
• It is also believed that she has a younger step-sister. Business Insider
• Katerina and her non-profit organization have been accused of working for the Russian defence industries by the United States Treasury Department. US Treasury Department
• Her non-profit organization has signed several multi-million dollar deals with the Russian government. Reuters
• The sanctions levied on Katerina, are in the response to Russian Army's war crimes perpetrated in Ukraine.
• She is often advised by the retired officials of the KGB, who are also a part of her organization's council.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||February 2013|
|Year of separation||2018|
|Ex Husband||Kirill Shamalov
|Parents||Father- Vladimir Putin (Russian President)
Mother- Lyudmila Putina (former flight attendant)
|Siblings||Sister- Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova
|Assets/Properties||• She along with her ex-husband held shares worth $2 billion dollars in the petrochemical company, SIBUR OCCRP
• She is the owner of Innopraktika fund, which runs in close collaboration with the Moscow State University. OCCRP
|Net Worth (approx.)||Her current net worth is around $1.3 billion. Vardags When she was married to Kirill Shamalov, the couple disclosed their net worth to be around $2 billion. Reuters|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova
- Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova is a Russian scientist, who is the younger daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin. She recently came under the spotlight as she was sanctioned by the United States of America. She is the Deputy Director of the Institute for Mathematical Research of Complex Systems, a part of the Moscow State University. She is also the founder of Innopraktika, which deals with promoting young Russian talent in the scientific field.
- Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova was born in East Germany when her father, Vladimir Putin, was posted there as a KGB spy.
- At a very young age, Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova dropped her father’s surname, Putin, and adopted her grandmother’s surname. This was done to maintain secrecy and security. Irish Mirror
- In 1991, Putin, along with his family, moved to Leningrad (now St. Petersburg), where Katerina attended Peterschule. It was a German Gymnasium that also taught the German language as a part of its curriculum.
- Due to a sharp increase in the gang violence across Leningrad, Putin was forced to send his daughters back to Germany, where they would continue their studies under the protection of their guardians.
- Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova returned to Russia when Putin and the entire family had moved to Moscow. Katerina joined the German School in Moscow. Upon completing her schooling, Katerina appeared for St. Petersburg University entrance exam, which she passed.
- At St. Petersburg University, Katerina took up Asian studies. She wanted to major in Chinese history but ended up majoring in Japanese History. Kompromat.ru
- After graduating from St. Petersburg University in 2009, Katerina started pursuing a master’s degree in Mathematics and Physics at Moscow State University. She was also recognised for defending her dissertation titled “Mathematical problems of correcting the activity of vestibular mechanoreceptors.” Reuters
- After the publication of her dissertation, Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova went on to publish several succeeding volumes of her research in collaboration with many well-known Russian scientists.
- She was also aired on the Russian news channel, Rossiya 1. Where she was interviewed on how the brain’s impulses can be controlled by making technological advancements.
- After completing her formal studies, Katerina founded a non-profit organisation called Innopraktika. This was established in close collaboration with the state-run Moscow State University.
- Katerina’s Innopraktika encompasses two different foundations working together, National Intellectual Development Foundation (NIDF) and the National Intellectual Reserve Centre (NIRC).
- In 2020, Katerina was made the Director of an artificial intelligence department, established at Moscow State University, under the aegis of Innopraktika. This organisation has received billions of dollars in grants and aid from Kremlin, and its total worth is around $1.7 billion. The Quint
- Katerina has also achieved laurels in the field of acrobatic dancing. She, along with her partner Ivan Klimov, has won many awards and medals in the arena.
- In 2013, Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova and her partner, Ivan Klimov, stood fifth in the Acrobatic Rock n’ Roll championship, held in Switzerland.
- In 2014, during the Acrobatic Rock n’ Roll Championship in Russia, the duo stood second. The Quint
- For her outstanding performance in the Acrobatic Rock n’ Roll Championships, Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova was made the Vice President for Expansion & Marketing by the Acrobatic Rock n’ Roll World Federation in 2016. Firstpost
- Katerina has further specialised in the field of Neurotechnology and has aided greatly in the development of Russia’s defence industry. The Quint In an officially given statement, the United States of America said,
Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova (Tikhonova) is the younger daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Tikhonova is a tech executive whose work supports the GoR and defence industry, extensively.” US Treasury Department
- In 2022, Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova was brought into the limelight because of the sanctions placed by the United States of America upon her for hiding the actual wealth owned by her father, Vladimir Putin. In an official statement, the United States of America said,
We have various reasons to believe that the Russian President Vladimir Putin, and many of his cronies, and the oligarchs, hide their wealth, hide their assets, with close family members that place their assets and their wealth in the U.S. financial system, and also many other parts of the world. We believe that many of Putin’s assets are hidden with family members, and that’s why we’re targeting them now.” The Hindu