Some Lesser Known Facts About Kevin De Bruyne
- Does Kevin De Bruyne smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kevin De Bruyne drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He spent his early childhood travelling through England and Africa; as his parents were involved in the oil investments businesses.
- In his childhood, he was a Liverpool fan. His bedroom was filled with Liverpool paraphernalia.
- He used to play a lot in his garden and would often destroy the plants. So, he was only allowed to play in the garden with his weaker foot. This turned out to be an asset; as he turned his weaker left foot as deadly as his right foot.
- When he was 11, out of the blue, he told his mother, “I want to study Latin for two years, then I’ll go to the Topsport School and when I’m 18 I will fully focus on my football.” It was a plan he stuck to.
- At the age of 14, he left his home and joined Genk’s Academy. At his time in the youth system, he started gaining media attention and became a star in his teens.
- In 2008, he was selected in the first team of Genk and made his debut in May 2009.
- He shined for the club in the 2010-2011 season where he took his team to the Belgian Championship victory, scoring 5 goals and 16 assists in the 32 games he played.
- He was selected in 2010 to represent his country.
- On 31 January 2012, Chelsea signed him from Genk for a five and a half year contract but would stay with Genk till the end of that season and would join Chelsea before the 2012-2013 season. He made his debut for the club against Seattle Sounders FC in a friendly on 18 July 2012.
- After a successful season in the German League, he joined back in the Chelsea camp in the 2013-2014 season.
- In 2013, Kevin had a fall out with his girlfriend Caroline Lijnen, whom he was dating for 3 years. He caught her cheating with his Belgian teammate and a good friend, Thibaut Courtois. He violently attacked Courtois during a practice session but reconciled later.
- He was not consistently getting starts, and also, after the emotional turmoil with Thibaut, he felt unsettled at Chelsea. He decided to leave the club and joined Wolfsburg on 18 January 2014.
- He was part of the Belgian’s squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- The 2014-2015 season turned out to be his breakthrough season. He ended the season with 16 goals and 27 assists in all competitions.
- He came into a relationship with Michele Lacroix in 2014 and the couple gave birth to a son, Mason Milian De Bruyne on 10 March 2016.
- On 30 August 2015, he joined Manchester City on a six-year contract for a reported club record fee of £55 million ($73 Million).
- He was a regular starter for Belgium in the UEFA Euro 2016.
- The 2017-2018 season brought him a lot of success and recognition in the world. With winning the Premier League with Manchester City, he also bagged the award for the best playmaker in the league.
- He was named in the Belgian squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- He has his own pop-up clothing line “KDB”. A portion of the proceeds from his business goes to the Special Olympics. He became the ambassador for Special Olympics in 2014.
- He can speak four languages-Dutch, English, French and German.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)