Age: 33 Years
Hometown: Sagwara, Dungarpur
Wife: Ramila Patidar
|Other name||Mani Lal Patidar IPS List|
|Profession||Former IPS Officer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Service||Indian Police Service (IPS)
|Career Journey||• Allotted to the Maharashtra cadre in the 2014 batch of the Indian Police Services (IPS) on 22 December 2014.
• In April 2018, he was promoted from the position of Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) in Muzaffarnagar district to the position of Additional Superintendent of Police (Additional SP) in Gonda district.
• After serving as the Superintendent of Police (SP) in Aligarh district, he assumed the role of SP in Mahoba district in November 2019.
• Following corruption and abetment of suicide charges, he was suspended and subsequently dismissed from the Indian Police Services on 24 June 2023. As a result, his name was removed from the records of the Uttar Pradesh Police.
|Date of Birth||25 November 1989 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Saroda village, Sagwara tehsil, Dungarpur district, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Jawahar Navodaya Public School LinkedIn - Manilal|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) in Electronics and Communications Engineering IPS List|
|Controversy||Corruption & Abetment for Suicide NDTV Hindustan Navbharat Times
During his tenure as SP of Mahoba, several allegations of extortion were made against Manilal. On 7 September 2020, a local business owner, Indrakant Tripathi, accused Manilal of pressuring him to pay extortion money on a monthly basis. Tripathi raised concerns about his safety and alleged that he might be killed for exposing the situation. On 8 September 2020, Tripathi was found unconscious in a car with a gunshot wound to his neck. He later succumbed to his injuries on 13 September 2020. An FIR was registered later against Manilal and four other policemen under sections 302 and 306 of the Indian Penal Code. He was suspended on 9 September 2020, and he subsequently went into hiding. The Uttar Pradesh Police declared a reward of Rs 1 lakh for his capture. After evading arrest for over two years, he surrendered before the court on 15 October 2022. He was then lodged in Lucknow Jail until his dismissal from the Indian Police Services on 24 June 2023.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ramji Patidar
Mother- Hukki Devi
|Siblings||Brother- Harish Patidar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manilal Patidar
- Manilal Patidar was an IPS Officer of the 2014 batch belonging to the Uttar Pradesh (UP) cadre. He held various positions in different districts of UP during his career; however, in June 2023, he was dismissed from his service in connection with the death of a businessman.
- After completing his graduation, Manilal Patidar began his preparations for the UPSC Civil Services Examination. He cleared the 2013 UPSC exam with 188th rank. IPS List
- He joined the Lucknow Police Office after completing his training at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
- Allegedly, the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, issued a dismissal order for Manilal Patidar on 29 December 2022; however, the Uttar Pradesh Police did not take immediate action and there were delays in processing the dismissal. Additionally, the chargesheet was not submitted within the specified time, leading to Manilal’s release on bail in January 2023. Navbharat Times
- According to speculation by several police officials, it is believed that Manilal Patidar used the extortion money to acquire properties worth Rs 50-60 crores in various locations across India. Dainik Bhaskar