|Profession||Civil Servant (IPS Officer)|
|Famous For||Being the youngest IPS officer in India at the age of 22|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Service||Indian Police Service (IPS)|
|Major Designation||Assistant Superintendent of Police (Jamnagar, Gujarat) on 23 December 2019|
|Date of Birth||21 July 1995 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||24 Years|
|School Facebook||• S K M High School, Kanodar, Gujarat
• Ascent School of Science, Palanpur, Gujarat
|College/University||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat Facebook|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication|
|Religion||Islam IAS Passion|
|Caste||Julaya IAS Passion|
|Address||Medical Area, Kanoodar, Gujarat|
|Hobbies||Doing Social Work|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Mustafa Hasan (Works in a diamond unit)
Mother- Naseembanu (Workers in a diamond unit)
|Siblings||Brother- Asnain Hasan (Younger)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Safin Hasan
- Safin Hasan is the youngest IPS officer in India at the age of 22 from the Gujarat cadre.
- He received his primary education in a Gujarati medium government school.
- His family was financially weak while he was growing up. His father used to work as a part-time electrician to make ends meet. His mother used to work as a domestic cook in her local area, and she also worked at banquet halls and restaurants to fund Safin’s education.
- He chose the Science stream after scoring 92% in his board examinations in class 10th. A school in his district had reduced his school fees by more than 50% so that he could easily study there. In class 11th, he started learning English.
- He used to give tuitions to young children during his summer and winter vacations for pocket money.
- When Safin was in school, a Collector had visited his school. Safin was astonished to see that everyone including his teachers and the school principal was paying respect to him and treating the Collector like a king. He returned home, and he asked his aunt why was everyone being so respectful to the Collector. His aunt explained it to him that the post of an IAS officer is a very respectable one and it can be achieved by anyone through studying hard. It was on that day that Safin decided to join the Civil Services.
- His expenditure for the Civil Services coaching and examination in New Delhi was provided by a couple named Mr Husainbhai and Mrs Jarinaben. Once in an interview, she said-
I share no blood relation with them, but we share a human relation, and that is above all. They are the reason why I could afford to study in Delhi”
- When he was in Delhi preparing for the UPSC examinations, he used to frequently meet IAS and IPS officers to take guidance from them.
- He loves doing social work and spending time with the less fortunate. Safin also volunteers for many NGOs in his free time.
- In 2017, when he was on his way to attempt the UPSC examination for the first time, he met with an accident and had injuries on his hand, leg, and head. However, it did not break his spirits, and he still went to the examination centre. Hasan had to be admitted to the hospital after the examination; as his injuries were severe, and he had to undergo surgery as he had a Tier 3 injury on his knee ligament.
- In 2018, he passed the UPSC examination with an AIR of 570.
- On 23 March 2018, he had his interview. On 20 February 2018, he was admitted to a hospital for a urinary infection, and his White Blood Cells (WBC) count had crossed the upper limit. On 1 March 2018, he was discharged, but he had to fly back home just two days later; as there was a problem in his tonsils and his WBC count reached 30,000. On 15 March 2018, he got discharged, and he was able to appear in the interview. He scored the second-highest in the Personality Test.
- When he was selected as an IPS officer, several news channels and radio shows interviewed him. He was also honoured and felicitated by the Gujarat Chief Minister, Vijay Rupani.
- Even though he was selected as an IPS, he wanted to become an IAS officer. Once, in an interview, he said-
I actually wanted to join IAS but I could not clear the exam. Hence I decided to pursue my career as an IPS officer and will use this opportunity to serve my country”
- Safin is a dog lover.
- On 23 December 2019, he took charge as the Assistant Superintendent of Police in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- Here’s an interesting video about Safin Hasan’s biography:
References/Sources: [ + ]