Age: 52 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Ottawa, Ontario
|Full Name||Matthew Langford Perry|
|Nickname(s)||Matty, Matt, Perry|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Director, Writer, Producer|
|Famous Role||TV - Chandler Bing - FRIENDS
Film - The Ron Clark Story (2006)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6'0"
|Weight (approx.)|| in Kilograms- 82 kg
in Pounds- 181 lbs
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1969|
|Age (as of 2021)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States|
|School||The Buckley School
Rockcliffe Park Public School
Film - A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon (1988)
TV - Arthur in 240-Robert (1979)
|Family||Father- John Bennett Perry (American actor and former model), Keith Morrison (stepfather, Journalist).
Mother- Suzanne Perry (Canadian journalist and former press secretary to Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau)
Sisters- Caitlin Morrison (Half Sister), Marie Perry (Half Sister), Emily Morrison (Half Sister), Madeleine Morrison (Half Sister)
Brother-Willy Morrison (Half Brother)
|Ethnicity||German, French-Canadian, Swiss-German, Irish and English|
|Fan Mail Address||Matthew Perry
Doug Chapin Management
1100 Alta Loma Rd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
|Movie||Ground Hog Day|
|Beverage||Sugar free RedBull|
|Song||“Don’t Give Up” by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.|
|Baseball Team||Toronto Blue Jays|
|Major Controversies||Mathew Perry has been addicted to few drugs which can be categorized as "Opiod" which can be painkillers like Vicodin and give a morphine like effect.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Julia Roberts (1995–96)
• Yasmine Bleeth (1996-97)
• Neve Campbell (1998)
• Maeve Quinlan (2002-03)
• Renee Zellwegger (2002)
• Lauren Graham (2003)
• Heather Graham (2003)
• Raechel Dunn (2003-04)
• Lizzy Caplan (2006-12)
|Fiancée||Molly Hurwitz (literary manager)
Note: In June 2021, Matthew Perry parted ways with his fiancee Molly Hurwitz. People
|Engagement Date||November 2020|
|Net Worth||$80 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mathew Perry
- Does Mathew Perry Smoke ? Yes
- Does Mathew Perrry Drink ? Yes
- Perry became a top-ranked junior tennis player.
- He pursued comedy at the LA Connection while pursuing his high school.
- Mathew secured his role in FRIENDS when it wasn’t even called FRIENDS but Six in One.
- He got an Emmy nomination for his role Chandler Bing in FRIENDS for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series in 2002.
- Other than his work on television, Perry has also appeared in the movies for various roles. He was a part of the movies Fools Rush In, Almost Heroes, Three to Tango, The Whole Nine Yards and its sequel The Whole Ten Yards and Serving Sara.
- Comedy is his Forte and he has mastered the art so well that he brilliantly acted in a drama The West Wing for his role Joe Quinchy. He appeared thrice in total in the season four and five, which earned him two Emmy nominations.
- In the movie The Ron Clark Story, Mathew played a small town teacher who is transferred to the toughest class of the nation. He won a Golden Globe and Emmy nomination for his performance.
- Since February 2015, Perry played a character, was a co-writer and an executive producer for the sitcom The Odd Couple.
- Mathew Perry was addicted to Vicodin (Hydrocodone/paracetamol). He went through a 28 days rehabilitation program in 1997.
- His physical health deteriorated over the next few years. He had pancreatitis, his weight fell to 66 kgs (145 pounds) and he caught the addiction again, and this time not only for Vicodin but methadone and amphetamines and alcohol.
- Perry went to Capitol Hill in 2011 as a spokesperson for the National Association of Drug Court Professionals to lobby members of Congress to support funding for drug courts.
- In 2013, Mathew Perry fought his addiction and received a Champion of Recovery award from the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy for opening Perry House (A sober living house in his previous mansion in Malibu, California).
- He wanted to enroll at the University of Southern California but did not because he was offered the role of Chazz Russell in Seconds Chance.
- Initially he was not considered for an audition for FRIENDS because of his previous commitment to LAX 2194.
- He was the only person who sat with the writers of the FRIENDS. His wit is so profound that directors often accept his remarks and suggestions.
- His character was molded with the characteristic of being awkward around women because he actually was.
- He sent his cover photo of the magazine People to his teacher Dr.Web, who said “he’ll never amount up to anything if he keeps joking around!”.
- The tip of his right middle finger is missing because his grandfather accidentally closed the car’s door on it.
- He hosts and supports the Lili Claire foundation.
- Mathew’s father John B. Perry played Rachel’s boyfriend Joshua in the episode “The One With Rachel’s New Address” in FRIENDS.
- He was listed in the “Top 30 of Forbes Top 100 Celebrity rich list”.
- Of all the characters of FRIENDS, he is the youngest.
- In both of his movies The Whole Nine Yards and Three to Tango, he is asked -“Are you always this nervous?” and both the times he says “Yes”.