Mini Mathur Age, Husband, Children, Caste, Biography & More
Husband: Kabir Khan
|Full Name||Mini Mathur|
|Profession||Model, Actress, Television Professional, Writer, Producer, and Interior Designer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Debut||Film: Dil Vil Pyar Vyar (2002)
TV: Tol Mol Ke Bol (1999)
|Date of Birth||21 August 1976|
|Age (as in 2019)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Delhi Public School, RK Puram, Delhi|
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
|Educational Qualification||Degree in English Literature
MBA in Marketing
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Travelling|
|Controversies||• Mini Mathur has often been trolled on social media for marrying a Muslim, being “Islamist,” and “Hinduphobic.” Being a social media influencer, Mini slams all such trolls, and believes that “the best way to handle trolls is by shaming them on the platform, in brilliant English.”
• After her web-series “Mind The Malhotras” released, she was trolled on the social media platform whereby she was asked to consider getting botox done. Mini replied, “Thank you…and no. I will not use botox. It’s time the world got comfortable with the fact that women age, their talent does not. Be happy that feisty lead roles are being written for women in their 40s. Would you have rather a 20-year-old playing a 40-year-old Shefali.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Kabir Khan (Director)|
|Husband/Spouse||Kabir Khan (Director)|
|Children||Son- Vivaan Kabir
Daughter- Sairah Kabir
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Veena Mathur
|Favourite Food||Mango and sticky rice with coconut milk|
|Favourite Breakfast||Eggs Benedict with a pot of brewed tea|
|Favourite Cuisine||Japenese, Thai & Indian|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
Hollywood- Meet Joe Black
|Favourite Song||Walking On Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves|
|Favourite Restaurant||Indigo, Spice at J W Marriott, Mahesh Lunch Home in Juhu, Karim’s in Delhi|
|Favourite Chef||Nigella Lawson & Jamie Oliver|
|Favourite Tourist Spot||‘Soulitude’ and ‘Soulitude by the Riverside’ in the Himalayas|
|Favourite Travel Show||Highway On My Plate|
|Favourite Outdoor Activities||Scuba Diving and Kayaking|
|Favourite Diving Detination||Great Barrier Reef, Dead Sea, Phillippines, Maldives, and Andamans|
|Favourite Perfume||Happy by Clinique & Dreams by Gap|
|Favourite Car||Audi Q7|
|Favourite Outfit||Jeans with white sneakers|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mini Mathur
- Does Mini Mathur drink alcohol?: Yes
- Before marking her entry into the entertainment world, Mini worked as an advertising professional with J Walter Thompson, New Delhi through IMT Campus Placement.
- She started receiving modelling offers after becoming the “Face of Ray-Ban” sunglasses.
- It was after she became the face of Ray-Ban that she got her first game show “Tol Mol Ke Bol.”
- Mini Mather became a VJ with MTV after hosting quite a few game shows. She became quite popular with hosting international concerts, interviewing celebrities, and appearing on youth campuses.
- Mini hosted a cultural show on India “Bombay Blush” that aired in the UK. She hosted 2 seasons of the show on BBC2. Mini Mathur became a household name with the first season of the singing reality show “Indian Idol,” and remained the host of the show for three seasons (2004-07).
- She took a break from the TV when she had her first child, and later did come back as a host of Indian Idol season 6 in 2012.
- In 2009, Mini hosted the reality show “Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao.” After hosting a number of reality shows, Mathur appeared as a contestant in season 2 of the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhla Ja.”
- In 2013, she appeared in the movie “I, Me Aur Main.”
- As she has always been a keen quizzer herself, she hosted a hardcore sports quiz show called Sports ka Superstar which gave her a chance to polish her knowledge on sports and appear on 2 seasons of Kaun Banega Crorepati as an expert lifeline.
- Apart from interviewing politicians, industrialists, and opinion makers on national television, Mini has also appeared in the advertisements for popular brands like Ultra Doux, L’Oreal, and Comfort.
- Mini Mathur also hosted and produced a travel show “Mini Me” along with her daughter which aired on TLC India. She went on a 25-day trip across Europe. She visited 15 cities in seven countries (Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Croatia and Spain) in 25 days.
- In 2019, Mini Mathur appeared in Amazon Prime’s web-series “Mind The Malhotras” along with Cyrus Sahukar.
- She has a pleasant sense of style and loves handloom sarees.
- Closet Stand-up Comic” are the words which she would use to describe herself.
- She is scared of heights.
- Mini is quite fond of diving; and did a diving certification for her honeymoon. Once while diving in the Maldives, she ran out of oxygen and even hit her head.
- When she was dating her husband, Kabir Khan, he used to send her postcards from all the places that he travelled. She considers those postcards her most-prized possession.
- Once, when she was holidaying in China, she ordered chicken soup. In the end, after she had finished her meal, she saw a dead chicken with eyes, feathers, and claws.
- Mathur has eaten oysters, snails, fried insects, bugs, and bees but she has never tried snakes, monkeys, and rabbits.
- She has designed her home herself and has incorporated different things from different countries.
- Her daughter was only six months old when she began doing the reality show “Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao.”
- Besides going on holidays with her husband, she also likes travelling with her friends Maria, Sandhya, and Jaya.
- She considers herself a ‘Grammar Nazi.’
- The North Pole, Bora Bora, French Polynesia are her dream destinations.
- When she went to Munich while shooting for the travel show with her daughter, she stayed in a Youth Hostel in a tiny room that one could open only one person’s suitcase at a time.
- One of her special childhood memories was when she went to Disneyland in Florida. She ate a pepperoni pizza and had a banana split for the first time ever. She felt that she was a part of Riverdale High (of Archie Comics fame).
- Mini Mathur’s first crush was her brother’s best friend from school.
- She shouts at people and says things that she does not mean when she gets angry.
- Mathur would like to remove corrupt, dumb, and self-serving politicians from the earth.
- She dislikes puff sleeves and printed jeans.
- Going out for lunch with friends, spending a day at the spa, Sunday Brunch, and lazying around at home with her family de-stresses her.
- Her leisure time includes watching a movie with her husband after a long day of work.
- Since she is a graduate in English Literature, she reads daily for 1-2 hours.
- Mini Mathur’s father-in-law, Rasheeduddin Khan, is a writer.
- The lowest point in her life was when she suffered from postnatal depression.
- She loves dogs and has a Siberian Husky named Blue Khan.