Age: 39 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Lahore, Pakistan
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-25-35|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Debut||Film: Seedlings (2013)
TV: Inspector Khoji (2006)
|Date of Birth||26 March 1982 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||39 Years|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram-Tara Mahmood|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Shafqat Mahmood (Bureaucrat-turned-politician, Federal Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training)
Mother- Humaira Mahmood (Teacher)
|Siblings||Sister- Beenish Mehmood
|Breakfast||Eggs, bread, and cheese|
|Accessories||Belts, bangles, necklaces and rings|
|Cartoon character||Daffy Duck|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tara Mahmood
- Tara Mahmood is a popular Pakistani singer and actress. She is known to deliver some extraordinarily remarkable performances in supporting roles in films including Seedlings (2012) and Good Morning Karachi (2013), and television serials like Muhabbat Subha Ka Sitara Hai (2014) and Diyar-e-Dil (2015).
- Tara Mahmood stepped into the entertainment world as a singer, in 2004. Her genre of music includes Rock, Jazz, Funk, and R&B. Tara marked her success in singing with her most popular singles including ‘Mera Naam,’ Tujhay Patta To Chalay,’ ‘Bori,’ and ‘Aye Na.’
- Tara Mahmood is associated with a Karachi rock band named, Rushk band. In 2014, Tara became the lead singer of Rushk band replacing the previous lead singer Nazia Zuberi. The band is known to perform at different venues around the world.
- Tara’s transition from a singer to an actress happened in 2006 when she marked her acting debut in a supporting role for PTV’s drama serial ‘Inspector Khoji.’ Her acting skills were highly appreciated in her first drama and thereafter she appearances in the TV dramas like ‘Muhabbat Subha Ka Sitara Ha,’ ‘Goya,’ ‘Soteli,’ ‘Jackson Heights,’ and many more.
- Tara Mahmood came into the limelight after her playing the role of Zuhra Tajamulin in Hum TV’s drama serial ‘Diyar-e-Dil,’ in 2015. Her performance in the show received huge critical acclaim and also earn her the opportunity to work under many big banner projects. Later, she became part of shows including ‘Nazr-e-Bad’ as Shaista, ‘Laut Ke Chalay Aana’ as Aqeela, ‘Teri Raza’ as Rameez’s mother, ‘Romeo Weds Heer’ as Arshad, and ‘Anaa’ as Nazia.
- In 2018, Tara appeared on screens as Masooma Jalal Khan for the romantic comedy series ‘Suno Chanda,’ for which she received so much love that the second season of Suno Chanda also featured Tara Mahmood in the role of Masooma Jalal Khan.
- Tara Mahmood has been a part of many superhits shows but her best performances include Muhabbat Subha ‘Ka Sitara Hai’ and ‘Diyar-e-Dil.’
- Tara Mahmood made her film debut in 2013 with the Mansoor Mujahid’s social drama film ‘Seedlings.’ also featuring Mohib Mirza and Aamina Sheikh. The film had a world premiere in the United States at the New York Film Festival. In the same year, Tara also appeared in Sabiha Sumar directed film ‘Good Morning Karachi.’
- During an interview, when asked about her favourite character, she said,
I am truly blessed and lucky to have worked on great projects with the best people. But, most memorable has to be Anaa.”
- Tara Mahmood is a total fashionista. When asked about her favourite brands worldwide, she said that she loves buying stuff from flea markets across the globe.
- Tara Mahmood is an avid animal lover who loves spending time with them. She is also a pet owner and has two cats at her home, named Molly and Chipkoo.
- Tara Mahmood likes reading novels in her leisure time. She is an admirer of the Japanese author Haruki Murakami. Her favourite book of Haruki is Norwegian Wood, a nostalgic story of loss and burgeoning sexuality.
- Tara Mahmood refers to South African comedian and television host, Trevor Noah as her celebrity crush.