|Real Name||Moeen Munir Ali|
|Profession||English Cricketer (All- rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 31 Inches
- Biceps: 11 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 12 June 2014 vs Sri Lanka in London
ODI- 28 February 2014 vs West Indies in Antigua
T20- 11 March 2014 vs West Indies in Barbados
|Jersey Number||#18 (England)
#8 (Worcestershire CCC)
|Domestic/State Teams||Duronto Rajshahi, Worcestershire, Matabeleland Tuskers|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm off break|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Australia
|Favourite Shot||Not Known|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• Moeen in the second test vs Sri Lanka, made his maiden century in the second innings, on the last day, with England crawling on 57/5. Unfortunately, England lost the match after the dismissal of Anderson on penultimate ball, having faced 55 balls.
• As of 10 December 2017, he has 5 Test and 2 ODI centuries under his belt.
• In the test format, Moeen has two 5 wicket hauls to his name.
|Date of Birth||18 June 1987|
|Age (as in 2017)||30 Years|
|Birth Place||Birmingham, England|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Munir Ali (Psychiatric Nurse)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Omar Ali(English County Cricketer), Kadeer Ali(English County Cricketer)
|Controversies||Moeen Ali was under the spotlight for wearing wristbands having "Free Palestine" and "Save Gaza" written on them. It made the International Cricket Council (ICC) and Match referee, David Boon, unhappy, resulting in warnings to Ali. Moeen was later backed by England Cricket Board, with a statement that Moeen has done nothing wrong.
|Favourite Actor||Johnny Depp|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||Son- Abu Bakr Ali
Some Lesser Known Facts About Moeen Ali
- Does Moeen Ali Smoke?: No
- Does Moeen Ali drink Alcohol?: No
- Moeen belongs to a cricketing family, with his brothers and cousins representing various county cricket clubs.
- A separate prayer room has been provided to Moeen by Worcestershire, of which, he is a regular member.
- ‘The Beard That’s Feared’ is the saying, his fans were recorded quoting after some of his match winning knocks.
- Mo being a cool personality, once responded to the abuse of a drunken spectator, saying “This is why we don’t drink. These guys are out of control”.
- Moeen is quite concerned over the issue of British Muslims getting attracted towards the ISIS and Al Qaeda.
- It was in 2014 against Sri Lanka, when Moeen stood on the wicket for 20.1 overs along with James Anderson, adding just 21 runs. But, unfortunately, England lost the contest due to the dismissal of James in the last over.
- After retiring from International Cricket, Ali wants to start a chip shop named “Big Mo’s”, and, wants to clean the toilets in the local mosque.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)