Age: 62 Years
Wife: N Radhika Reddy
|Full Name||Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy|
|Famous For||Being the 16th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||• Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) (April 2023-present)
• Indian National Congress (1989-2014) (2018-2023)
• Jai Samaikyandhra Party (2014-2018)
|Political Journey||• In 1989, Kiran Kumar Reddy was elected to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly after his father's death.
• He served as the member of the Public Undertakings Committee and Assurance Committee and was elected to the state assembly from Native Vayalpadu (Valmikipuram) in 1989, 1999 and 2004.
• He lost in 1994 when Congress was routed in Chittoor district but won from Pileru in 2009 after Valmikipuram got merged into Pileru constituency under delimitation.
• Before becoming the speaker, he was an active member of The Congress.
• He became the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in 2011 and resigned in 2014.
• He announced the formation of Jai Samaikyandhra Party with Chundru Srihari Rao as its Founder-President, on 10 March 2014.
• In July 2018, he re-joined the Congress in the presence of AICC Chief Rahul Gandhi.
• On 7 April 2023, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party. India Today
|Date of Birth||13 September 1960|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School(s)||Hyderabad Public School
St. Josephs' Junior College, Hyderabad
|College(s)/University(s)||Nizam College (B.Com),
University College of Law, Osmania University (LL.B)
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.Com, LL.B|
|Address||Nagaripally (PO), Pathakonda (V), Kalikiri (M), Chittooor District, A.P.|
|Controversy||He founded his own political party (Jai Samaikyandhra) and failed. This party was bluntly rejected by the people of Andhra Pradesh.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||N Radhika Reddy
|Children||Son- Nikelesh Reddy
Daughter- Niharika Reddy
|Parents||Father- Amaranath Reddy (Politician)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Kishore Kumar Reddy,
Nallari Santosh Reddy
Sister- Reddy Gayatri
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy
- He was the captain of the Hyderabad, India under-22, South Zone Universities, and Osmania University cricket team.
- Kiran Kumar Reddy was elected as Speaker of the 13th Andhra Pradesh Assembly, unanimously, in June 2009.
- He was made the new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh after incumbent K Rosaiah resigned citing personal reasons, by the Congress Legislature Party and authorized party in 2011.
- He started many welfare programs and schemes such as Mee Seva, Rajiv Yuva Kiranalu, SC/ST Sub-Plan, Bangaru Thalli, Mana Biyyam, Amma Hastham, chittor water scheme, etc.
- He resigned from the post of Chief Minister, as MLA (legislator) and also from the Congress party, after the Telangana bill was passed in Lok Sabha on 19 February 2014.
- Kiran Kumar Reddy launched a new political party called Jai Samaikyandhra Party, in opposition for the Centre’s decision on bifurcation of the Andhra Pradesh state.
- The Party was highly criticized and rejected by the people of Andhra Pradesh.
- Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy rejoined the Congress party after 4 years; since he resigned in 2014, and he met Congress party president Rahul Gandhi, who, formally welcomed Reddy.