|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• In 2004, he was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
• On 24 September 2007, he was appointed General Secretary of All India Congress Committee.
• He was also given charge of National Student Union of India and Indian Youth Congress.
• In the 2009 General Elections, he retained his Lok Sabha seat from the Amethi constituency.
• In January 2013, he was elevated to the position of the vice-president of Indian National Congress.
• He retained his Lok Sabha seat from the Amethi constituency in the 2014 General Elections.
• On 11 December 2017, he was elected President of the Indian National Congress.
|Biggest Rival||Narendra Modi|
|Date of Birth||19 June 1970|
|Age (as in 2018)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India (Ancestral origin - Lusiana, Italy)|
|School(s)||St. Columba's School, Delhi, India
The Doon School, The Mall Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
|College/University||St. Stephen's College, Delhi, India
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, U.S.
Trinity College, Cambridge, England
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Arts from Rollins College, Florida, United States
M.Phil from Trinity College, Cambridge, England
|Debut||In 2004, when he announced to contest Lok Sabha elections from Amethi in Uttar Pradesh|
|Caste||Kashmiri Brahmin (Dattatreya) Economic Times|
|Blood Group||B (-ve)|
|Address||12, Tughlak Lane, New Delhi|
|Controversies||• He was criticized when his college certificate name and date did not match with what he had claimed.
• He was criticized for his comment that Hindu extremism is more dangerous than Islamic militancy.
• He faced allegation for raping a girl in Uttar Pradesh along with his friends. Later, the charge was however dropped by the Supreme Court. Although, the charges were dropped by the Supreme Court.
• He was also criticized for his statement that poverty is only a "state of mind."
• In May 2011, Uttar Pradesh Police arrested him for protesting against a highway project along with farmers at Bhatta Parsaul village.
• He was also charged for the corruptions in the National Herald Case.
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Veronique Cartelli (a Spanish architect) from Venezuela
Noal Zaher (Afghan Princess)
|Parents||Father- Rajiv Gandhi (Former Indian Prime Minister)
Mother- Sonia Gandhi (Former UPA President)
Sister- Priyanka Gandhi
|Relatives||Brother-in-Law- Robert Vadra (Businessman)
Uncle- Late Sanjay Gandhi (Politician)
Aunty- Maneka Gandhi (Politician)
Cousin- Varun Gandhi (Politician)
|Favourite Food(s)||Noodles, Cold Drinks, Coastal Indian Dishes|
|Favourite Politician(s)||Rajiv Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru|
Agricultural Land worth more than ₹1 Crore
Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies worth more than ₹83 Lakh
|Salary (approx.)||₹1 Lakh + other allowances (As an MP)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹2 Crore (As in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Gandhi
- Does Rahul Gandhi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rahul Gandhi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rahul was born as the 1st of the 2 children of Rajiv Gandhi and Italy-born Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi, India.
- He is the grandson of late Indira Gandhi (Former Prime Minister of India) and Feroze Gandhi.
- He is the great-grandson of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Because of the Sikh extremism after Indira Gandhi’s assassination, Rahul was mostly home-schooled along with his sister.
- After his father’s assassination in 1991, he shifted to Rollins College from the Harvard University due to security reasons.
- He used the name- “Raul Vinci” in his college days in order to keep his Identity secret.
- After graduation, Rahul Gandhi worked at a management consulting firm in London- Monitor Group.
- He became one of the directors of Backops Services Private Ltd (a Mumbai-based technology outsourcing firm).
- In 2004, he announced to take part in the active politics and contested his first Lok Sabha election from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh and won with a victory margin of over 1 lakh.
- Rahul Gandhi didn’t hold any position in the Indian National Congress until 2006.
- He is often mocked as ‘Pappu’ on social media. Once, former cabinet minister Venkaiah Naidu called him ‘pappu ji’ in the Lok Sabha. Since then social media has made many trolls of his name.
- In December 2017, Rahul Gandhi was elected the President of the Indian National Congress. He was elected unopposed as no other candidate filed his nomination.
- When Rahul Gandhi visited Singapore in 2018, his government’s development (in Congress Regimes) was questioned by a journalist.
- On 21 July 2018, during his speech in parliament, he unexpectedly hugged PM Narendra Modi and winked towards party colleagues.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography
References/Sources: [ + ]