Some Lesser Known Facts About Nathan Adrian
- Does Nathan Adrian Smoke?: Not known
- Does Nathan Adrian drink alcohol?: Yes
- Nathan has won the Olympics gold medal thrice for relay and 50 m long-course swimming competitions.
- He helped the team win a gold medal in the 4 x 100 m freestyle relay, in the 2008 Olympics.
- He won an individual 100 m freestyle gold in 2012 Olympics as well as a gold and silver in the team events of 4 x 100 m medley and freestyle relay respectively.
- He has 24 medals under his belt that he bagged at the Olympics, Pan-pacific and World Championship, out of which, 15 are gold, 6 silver and 3 Bronze. The medals speak for his caliber, portraying his mastery in his specialization.
- He won the NCAA championship for five time while he was studying at the University of California. He won 50 yards freestyle in 2009 & 2011 and 100 yards freestyle on 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- In the 2008 Beijing Olympics, although he helped earning a gold for the team, although he didn’t participate in the final event. His individual performances were not successful in the individual races, standing fourth in the 100 m freestyle and sixth in the 50 m Freestyle.
- He held two American records of 18:66 secs for the 50 m and 41.08 for the 100 m freestyle.
- Adrian is somewhat of a celebrity too, as he appeared on the Myth Busters, Discovery Channel, to assist Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, in testing the fact, if it makes any difference to swim in water or syrup. They disregarded the experiment because Adrian was too used to swimming in the water, so, the input was not consistent.
- He has been in demand for appearances after beating the favorite Australian Swimmer, James Magnussen in the London Olympics. He has been keeping up with the pace by travelling at least three out of four weekends for appearances and corporate partnership offers.
- He timed 48.3 at the Austin Grand Prix in the 100 freestyle breaking the twenty year stable pool record by Matt Biondi.
- His body is built to swim as he has flat and flexible feet, a long torso and very flexible shoulders.
- When training, eight water shifts a week, he gets hungry every two hours and can eat a full meal every time. He has a 6000-800o calorie diet.
- He is scared of swimming in the open water because of the visibility constraint. He freaks out once he can’t see underwater, which leads to anxiety.
- He had insecurities for his acne, which was not so acute, but enough to make him worried while walking into the pool in his Speedo.
- His elder brother used to beat him up when he was a kid. He is not really sure if it was fighting or wrestling but his brother definitely proved that he was better in strength, speed and size.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography