Hometown: Bawana, Delhi
Education: Class 10
Age: 33 Years
|Neeraj Sehrawat The Caravan
|Neetu, Bawana Crime Head Hindustan Times
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth
|5 August 1988 (Friday)
|Age (as of 2021)
|Bawana, Delhi, India
|Bawana, Delhi, India
|Class 10 Hindustan Times
|Jat Hindustan Times
|Non-Vegetarian Hindustan Times
|On his right hand: The words "Radha Swami" inked in Hindi Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More
|Father- Prem Singh (works as a bus conductor for the Delhi Transport Corporation)
Mother- Sudesh Kumari
|Brother- Pankaj Sehrawat (Elder)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neeraj Bawana
- Neeraj Bawana is an Indian gangster from Delhi. As of 2021, he is lodged in Tihar Jail, Delhi, for more than 40 cases of extortion, land grabbing, murder, and attempt to murder registered against him.
- Before his arrest in 2015, Neeraj was one of the most wanted gangsters of Delhi.
- Neeraj was never interested in studies and left his school after clearing class 10.
- His father never insisted him to study further and wanted Bawana to assist him with the tenting business that he earlier owned.
- After leaving school, Neeraj developed a habit of engaging himself in fights for even small issues. He would often engage in fights on behalf of his friends. After getting complaints about such incidents, Neeraj often received scolding and beatings from his father.
- While in his teens, Neeraj started committing petty crimes like robbing people.
- He was first arrested by police in 2004 for conducting a robbery in Haryana and served a jail term for three months for it. He was later let out on bail.
- In 2015, he was arrested again for the possession of arms without a license. He was then imprisoned for two years in Delhi’s Tihar Jail.
- While he was lodged in the Tihar Jail, Neeraj came in contact with Fazal-ur-Rahman, a close associate of Dawood. He learned several tricks from him including how to keep the police at bay and using technology without being tracked.
- Apparently, it was Rahman who motivated Bawana to enter the extortion business by impressing him with stories of Dawood Ibrahim.
- He gained limelight after his association with Surendra Malik alias Neetu Daboda. When Neeraj was still stepping into the world of crime, Neetu was a well-established name in the crime world.
- The duo joined hands with each other and together carried out incidents of robbery, murder, and extortion for years.
- In 2011, they were joined by Ajay alias Sonu Pandit, a resident of Tatesar village, Delhi.
- Neeraj’s growing closeness with Pandit bothered Neetu and later became a reason for their fallout.
- Neetu feared that Sonu and Neeraj would kill him someday for power. Therefore, he kidnapped Sonu and murdered him brutally in 2012. The incident led to a fallout between Neeraj and Neetu and they both separated their gangs.
- Soon, the gang wars started to happen between the two gangs.
- Their growing rivalry took lives of many gang members of the two gangs. Later, Neetu was killed in an encounter with the Special Cell of Delhi Police, but the gang rivalry continued.
- After the encounter of Daboda, Neeraj became more powerful and expanded his operations in his area. He started collecting money from the factories operating in the Bawana village.
- Neeraj also got involved in gambling and betting dens operating within his areas of influence.
- In 2015, while he was on his way to his home in Bawana village, he was arrested from main Rohtak Road around 3:45 AM by the Delhi police.
- He met Naveen Bali, Rahul Kala, Sunil Rathi, and Amit Bhura in the jail and made an association with them.
- Neeraj was earlier kept in jail number 1 of the Tihar Jail with other prisoners, but, after the jail authorities received the information of him being in touch with his gang members inside and outside prison, he was shifted to the high-security ward (jail number 2).
- Even after his arrest in 2015, Neeraj continued his operations from inside the jail.
- His gang comprises over 50 henchmen who are involved in murders, robberies, extortion, and property-grabbing cases in the areas of Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttrakhand.
- Neeraj is good at Hindi and English and has a Haryanavi dialect.
- Neeraj is addicted to Opium.
- In March 2015, Bawana’s elder brother and his mother were arrested for carrying live cartridges while boarding a flight to Kolkata at the IGI airport.
- In 2019, Neeraj sent his men to kill his cousin sister and her boyfriend named Amit as he was against their relationship. While Neeraj’s cousin suffered severe injuries, her partner died on the spot.
- In December 2019, Bawana wrote an application to the superintendent of jail number 2, Tihar Jail, Delhi, asking him for an iPod, FM Radio, and homemade non-vegetarian food. In his application, he wrote that since he is kept in isolation in Tihar Jail, he required those items to pass time and maintain his sanity.
- In 2021, Neeraj’s name surfaced in Sagar Rana’s murder case. Reportedly, Bawana asked his gang members to accompany Sushil Kumar (who murdered Sagar) during the clash.