|Real Name||Sushil Kumar Modi|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||1974: became a Member of Bihar Pradesh Chaatra (Student) Sangharsh Samiti.
1977: appointed the State Secretary of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad.
1977-1986: held different posts including that of State Organising Secretary, Bihar, All India Secretary, in-charge of UP and Bihar and then the All India General Secretary of Vidyarthi Parishad.
1990: successfully contested from Patna Central Assembly (now known as Kumhrar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)) and also became the Chief Whip of the BJP Bihar Legislature Party.
1995 & 2000: reelected from Patna Central Assembly.
1996-2004: remained the Leader of Opposition in the Bihar State Assembly.
2000: served as the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs in a short lived Nitish Kumar Government.
2004: became a member of Lok Sabha from the Bhagalpur constituency.
2005: elected as the leader of Bihar BJP Legislature Party and also took over as the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar and was given the Finance Portfolio along with a number of other departments.
2010: continued to be the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.
2017: became the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar for the third time.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 45 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1952|
|Age (as in 2017)||65 Years|
|Birth Place||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Patna, Bihar, India|
|College||B N College, Patna, Bihar
Patna Science College, Patna, Bihar
|Educational Qualifications||BSc from B N College, Patna
Botany Hons from Patna Science College in 1973
MSc Botany (left the course) from Patna University
|Debut||In 1974, when he became a Member of Bihar Pradesh Chaatra (Student) Sangharsh Samiti|
|Family||Father- Moti Lal Modi
Mother- Ratna Devi
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Caste||Marwari (Vaishya Bania)|
|Address||8-A, Rajendra Nagar, Patna- 800016|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading, Writing|
|Controversies||• He was arrested 5 times during the JP Movement and the Emergency.
• In 1974, he challenged the constitutional validity of Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA).
• In 2004, he filed the Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in the Patna High Court against Lalu Prasad Yadav, which was later known as Fodder Scam.
|Favourite Politician(s)||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Leader(s)||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Jayaprakash Narayan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1987|
|Salary||1 Lakh INR+Other Allowances/Month (as in 2017)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||1 Crore INR (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sushil Kumar Modi
- Does Sushil Kumar Modi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sushil Kumar Modi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in a Marwari (Vaishya Bania) family in Patna, Bihar.
- In 1962, he joined the RSS (a right-wing Hindu Organization) as a member.
- During Sino-Indian War of 1962, he was appointed Commandment by the Civil Defence to train the students and civilians to teach them to parade and maintain their physical fitness.
- In 1968, Sushil Modi did a 3-year Officer Training Course (OTC), which is considered the highest RSS training course.
- After his matriculation, he became a Vistarak (a full-time worker) of RSS. Later, he became the In-charge of evening branches of RSS Patna Town.
- Modi’s family was involved with the business of readymade garments and wanted him to carry the business further. However, Modi had no interest in his family’s business and he always wanted to serve the people.
- In 1973, he was elected the General Secretary of Student’s Union of Patna University along with Lalu Prasad Yadav as the President of the Union that time.
- During the JP Movement and Emergency, Sushil Modi was arrested 5 times.
- On 30 June 1975, he was arrested and kept in the prisons of Darbhanga, Samastipur, Hazaribagh, Buxar and Bhagalpur. He remained in jail for 19 months continuously.
- He also launched a movement against foreign infiltrators in the bordering districts of Bihar.
- In 2000, he supported the formation of the State of Jharkhand.
- When he was active in Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), he met his wife, Jessie George, in a train. She was from Kerala and belonged to the Christian Community. Initially, their families were against the marriage. However, they finally succeeded to convince their families and married in the year 1987.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)