Some Lesser Known Facts About Neeti Palta
- Neeti Palta is a famous stand-up comedian in India.
- She worked in the advertisement firm, JWT (J. Walter Thompson) for 12 years, where she was the senior art director.
- In 2006, she started writing episodes for ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim,’ aired on DD National.
- When a reporter asked her how she landed in the field of stand-up comedy, she said,
I remember being a fan of the improv show Whose Line Is It Anyway?. I attended the Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood show in India, where they needed volunteers for every round. I was called for a sound effects round, where I did the sound effects for Colin when they played out a situation. When I was getting off the stage Colin said, ‘Such an innocent face bit such a devil!’ It was he who suggested that I try stand-up.”
- In November 2012, she won RAW comedy competition, sponsored by the OZ fest.
- In 2013, she started posting comedy videos on her YouTube channel and gained huge popularity.
- She has worked in the Bollywood film “O Teri,” as a scriptwriter.
- She has worked in many web TV series including Comedy Central Stand-Up, Asia! (2016), Comedy Up Late (2017), Comicstaan (2019), and Almost Sanskari (2019).
- She has also performed live in different cities of India.
- She has established one of the oldest comedy outfits of Delhi – Loony Goons.
- She is a dog lover and owns two dogs, Socks and Punch.
- She is a fitness freak and practices yoga regularly.