Age: 34 Years
Husband: Sardar Sathya
|Other name(s)||Nirmala Chennappa, Nirmala Sathya Wikipedia|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Director, Producer|
|Famous Role||‘Jaya’ in the Kannada film “Thallana” (2012)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film (Kannada; Actor): Thallana (2012) as Jaya
TV (Kannada; Producer): Padmavathi (2018)
|Date of Birth||21 June 1987 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Educational Qualification||Master's degree in Arts, Social Work & Drama Sai Nirmala Productions|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||17 March|
|Husband/Spouse||Sardar Sathya (actor)
|Children||Son- Sebu Aditya.S
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (KSRTC driver)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Lyricist||V. Nagendra Prasad|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nirmala Channapa
- Nirmala Channapa is an Indian actor, producer, and director who mostly work in Kannada films.
- Nirmala grew up in a middle-class family in Bangalore.
- She was inclined towards sports since childhood and was a part of her school’s Kabaddi team.
- While Nirmala was enjoying the PU holidays, someone suggested her to attend acting workshops. Although Nirmala didn’t think of pursuing acting as a career, she joined a theatre workshop by T. S. Nagabharana’s Benaka.
- She learnt various forms of theatre at the workshop and was regarded as the best actress in the workshop.
- Subsequently, she received an offer to join Benaka’s troupe.
- Thereafter, Nirmala went to Rangayana to receive a three-months training in acting.
- She began her career as a theatre artist by doing commercial plays.
- Nirmala wanted to explore different aspects of theatre, so she took up the stage lighting, make-up, and designing tasks, in addition to acting.
- She made her film debut in 2012 by playing the role of ‘Jaya’ in the Kannada film “Thallana.” She won the Karnataka State Film Award for ‘Best Actress’ for the film.
- Some of her Kannada films include “Jigarthanda” (2016) and “Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu” (2016).
- She has also appeared in Kannada TV serials like “Kicchu” (2018) and “Parvati Parameshwara” (2014).
- In 2021, Nirmala appeared as a contestant in the game reality TV show “Bigg Boss Kannada 8.”
- Channapa has also featured in a TV commercial of the English filmmaker Richard Cousins.
- She has her own production house “Sai Nirmala Productions” under which she has produced the TV serial “Padmavathi” (2018).
- She even produced the Kannada singing reality show titled “Kannada Kogile” (2018) under Sai Nirmala Productions.
- Nirmala likes to cook food and travel in her spare time.