|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Film: Monsoon Wedding (2001)
TV: Qubool Hai (2012)
|Date of Birth
|16 September 1974 (Saturday)
|Date of Death
|18 September 2022
|Place of Death
|Age (at the time of death)
|Prolonged Illness due to paralytic attack DNA
|Bal Bharti Public School, Delhi
|Graduation at Delhi University
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|Sanjay Singh Bhadli (television actor)
|Daughter- Urvashi Singh Bhadli
Note: She has a son and a daughter.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nishi Singh
- Nishi Singh Bhadli was a renowned Indian actress who predominantly worked in the Indian Television industry and primarily appeared in comedy roles. On 16 September 2022, she passed away after battling with illness for the last three years. According to her husband, Sanjay Singh Bhadli, Nishi died two days after celebrating her 50th birthday.
- In 2001, Nishi Singh made her film debut with the Hindi film ‘Monsoon Wedding,’ which was the recipient of the Golden Lion Award and earned a Golden Globe Award nomination.
- Reportedly, in 2008, Nishi Singh cast child artists for the film Slumdog Millionaire.
- In 2011, Nishi Singh worked in the television serial Hitler Didi, telecasted on Zee TV. She played the role of Maina, who was the mother of Sunaina (Smita Singh). In the same year, she appeared in the television show ‘Love Express,’ which picturised the story of two Punjabi families who tried to arrange a marriage during a train journey.
- In 2012, Nishi Singh appeared as Haseena Bi in the popular television show Qubool Hai, which was telecasted on Zee TV.
- In 2016, Nishi Singh appeared in the television serial Ishqbazz.
- In 2017, Nishi Singh appeared in the television show “Tenali Rama,” which was aired on Sony SAB.
- In 2020, in a media interview, he husband revealed that his daughter lived with them, and his son lived at Nishi Singh’s parents’ home in Delhi. He added in the conversation that Nishi’s parents were not financially good, and his parents disowned him when he decided to join the television industry. He said,
We cannot fall back on our families, as hers isn’t financially sound and mine had disowned me when I decided to join showbiz. We have been struggling and need help.”
- On 18 September 2022, Nishi Singh Bhadli died two days after celebrating her fiftieth birthday. In a media interview, her husband stated that Nishi was on a liquid diet; however, she ate her favourite ‘besan ka laddoo’ on her birthday and was very happy. Sanjay Singh said,
The biggest irony is that we celebrated her 50th birthday the day before yesterday (September 16). Though she couldn’t talk, she seemed very happy. I requested her to eat her favourite besan ka laddoo and she did.”
In the same discussion, he added that Nishi Singh got a paralysis attack in February 2019 and again in August 2020. In May 2022, she again suffered a paralytic attack and was severely ill. Their daughter skipped her school studies to look after her, and he too did not accept any work as he had to be by her side throughout. He said that he sold his house and car in March 2022 to pay for the medical treatment of Nishi. He named his colleagues Ramesh Taurani, Gul Khan, Surbhi Chandna, and CINTAA from the television industry who helped them in their financial crisis.