Some Lesser Known Facts About Nucleya
- Does Nucleya smoke?: Not Known
- Does Nucleya drink alcohol?: Yes
- Nucleya was born as Udyan Sagar in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, but later his entire family shifted to Ahmedabad.
- His father was very fond of music and they always had some tunes playing in the background in their home throughout the day.
- In his childhood, his mother used to dress him up in girl’s clothes, and all strangers used to consider him a girl.
- His elder brother, Nitin was very protective towards him in his school days.
- During his school days, he never liked studying and always remained busy playing video games.
- Primarily, he used to work on oldfashioned, self-made controllers and audio mixers.
- When he was in 11th standard, he met Mayur Narvekar (one of his partner in Bandish Projekt), who was a major influence in his life.
- He was in a live-in relationship with his present wife, Smriti Choudhary during his college days.
- Mehirr Nath Chopra, the Former manager of Bandish Projekt (musical act featuring a blend of Indian elements in an electronica format) was doing a party in Ahmedabad and through a connection booked Udyan and his friend Mayur as an opening act.
- In the mid 90’s at the outset, they began as ‘Private Sochalay,’ did a few gigs and released an album of bootleg mixes, named- ‘Local Ahmedabad Dance Music’ and eventually named it ‘Bandish Projekt’.
- Ahmedabad (Gujarat) being a dry state, there were no business models revolving around liquor, and basically, no venues to play shows at. Mehirr, Udyan, and Mayur decided to host their own parties at friends’ farmhouses to promote their music.
- When they started doing gigs as Bandish Projekt in Delhi & Mumbai they were even invited to play in London and eventually in Dubai, England, and other countries.
- In the year 2007, he left the Bandish Projekt after working with Mayur for about 12 years, and after the split, they didn’t interact for nearly a decade.
- Nucleya had to struggle for almost three years to start it from scratch and he was also married and had a son then. Consequently, his wife had to take a job to stabilize them.
- One of his recognized tracks was ‘Akkad Bakkad,’ based on an old nursery rhyme and he added an oomph factor ‘Nucleya bole fuck that shit’ in the end, and it went immensely viral.
- His basic inspiration for music came from Indian streets.
- He and his wife own a brand called ‘Pinksoda,’ which also contributed fantastic design work for his albums and visuals- Bass Rani & Baja Raja.
- By the time Nucleya launched his album- Bass Rani album in 2015, there was no looking back he eventually started doing shows and festivals in other EDC Mexico and EDC Las Vegas, and even shows in Australia, Singapore, Dubai etc.
- His son, Guri has featured on some of Nucleya’s tracks as’ Guri Gangsta’.
- In 2018, he judged India’s first web reality show- The Remix, alongside singer- Sunidhi Chauhan & Music Composer- Amit Trivedi.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)