Hometown: New Delhi
Age: 36 Years
Husband: Hitesh Sonik
|Real Name||Nidhi Chauhan|
|Profession(s)||Singer and Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actor, Cameo): Ehsaas: The Feeling (2001)
TV (Judge): Indian Idol Season 5 (2010)
Singer (Bollywood): "Ladki Deewani Ladka Deewana" of film 'Shastra' (1996)
Album (Singer): Aira Gaira Nathu Khaira (1998)
Marathi Film (Singer): "Kande Pohe" from the film "Sanai Choughade" (2008)
Punjabi Film (Singer): 'Muqabla' from the film "Pind Di Kudi" (2004)
Tamil Film (Singer): 'Kundu Kundu' from the film "Dhool" (2003)
Telugu Film (Singer): Mallika (D) (1999)
Kannada Film (Singer): 'Aeeeyy Aeeyyii' from the film "Hollywood " (2003)
Pakistani Film (Singer): "Peehu Peehu" from the film 'Pyar Hi Pyar Mein' (2002)
• Filmfare RD Burman Award for the Most Promising Newcomer for her song "Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi" of the film, Mast (1999)
• Kelvinator GR8! FLO Women Award
• Indian Television Academy–GR8! Women Achiever Award for GR8! Women Achiever in Music
• Massal Award for Best International Female Vocalist Award
• Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Best Playback Singer (Female) in 2014
• Received Honorary Doctorate from Rai University in 2016
Note: Along with these, she has many other awards, honours, and achievements to her name.
|Date of Birth||14 August 1983 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Greenway Modern School, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|Address||2 B / 183, Winder Mayer, Andheri West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Travelling, and Driving
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Bobby Khan (Director/Choreographer)
• Hitesh Sonik (Music Composer)
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage: 2002
• Second Marriage: 24 April 2012
|Husband/Spouse||First Husband: Bobby Khan (Director/Choreographer; 2002-2003)
Second Husband: Hitesh Sonik (Music Composer)
|Children||Son- Tegh Sonik (born on 1 January 2018)
|Parents||Father- Dushyant Kumar Chauhan (Theatre Artist at Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Sister- Suneha Chauhan (Younger)
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Actress||Rekha, Madhuri Dixit|
|Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Sukhwinder Singh, Shakira|
|Musician(s)||Mariah Carey, Beyoncé|
|Song||"Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey|
|Colour(s)||Red, Black, Yellow|
|Car Collection||• Maruti Suzuki RitzPatrika
• Honda Accord
• Mitsubishi Pajero
• BMW X5
|Salary (approx.)||Rs 6-7 lakhs/song|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunidhi Chauhan
- Does Sunidhi Chauhan smoke?: No
- Does Sunidhi Chauhan drink alcohol?: No
- Her father is basically from Uttar Pradesh.
- At the age of 4, Sunidhi Chauhan started performing at local gatherings and competitions.
- She was introduced to music by her father. Her father even left his job and moved to Mumbai only for her singing career.
- Her father used to play the role of Ram in the annual Ram Lila of Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra in New Delhi.
- The film actress “Tabassum” noticed Sunidhi while singing in a show in Delhi and gave her the opportunity to sing live in her show, Tabassum Hit Parade.
- At the age of 8, Sunidhi appeared as the lead singer in music director Kalyanji’s Little Wonders troupe.
- Sunidhi never had any professional training in singing; she learned singing by listening to radio and cassettes of popular singers.
- When she turned 11, she started singing English songs as well.
- When she was 13 years old, she released her first music album based on children. After launching her first album, Sunidhi realized her ‘limitations’ and decided to take formal training in music. She was trained in classical music under Gautam Mukherjee.
- In 1996, she won a singing reality TV show, Meri Aawaz Suno, aired on Doordarshan.
- In 1996, she got the chance to sing a song “Ladki Deewani Ladka Deewana” for the film, Shastra, which was her Bollywood singing debut.
- In 1998, she made her album debut with HMV’s Aira Gaira Nathu Khaira containing 5 tracks like ‘Swapna Paree,’ ‘Govinda Kal Mere Ghar Aaya,’ ‘Jiyo Magar Haske,’ ‘Badra,’ and ‘Chudiyan.’
- Thereafter, she worked as a background vocalist for 2 years.
- She received huge fame in 1999 when she recorded a song “Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi” for the film, Mast. The famous singer, Sonu Nigam recommended her name to the music director, Sandeep Chowtala for that song. She has also sung the song “Suna Tha” for that film.
- In 2002, at the age of 18, Sunidhi married a director/choreographer “Bobby Khan.” They first met while working for the album, Pehla Nasha. However, the marriage didn’t last long, and they got divorced a year later.
- In 2005, Sunidhi, along with sixteen other artists, recorded a song titled ‘Zindagi Pukarti Hai’ to raise money for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and the Tsunami.
- She lent her voice for the song “Heartbeat,” with Enrique Iglesias. This song was included in a special Indian edition of Enrique Iglesias’ album, Euphoria.
- In 2006, she sang the English song “Reach Out” at the opening ceremony of the 15th Asian Games in Doha, Qatar.
- In the same year, she hosted a Radio City 91.1 FM’s morning show, Musical-E-Azam as a guest Radio Jockey.
- In 2007, Microsoft hired her to sing the Windows Vista song “Wow is Now.”
- She made her cameo and special appearances as an actor in several Bollywood films like ‘Ehsaas: The Feeling’ (2001), ‘Bhoot’ (2003), ‘Hawaa Hawaai’ (2014), and ‘Rangoon’ (2017).
- Sunidhi Chauhan has lent her voice for animated films like ‘Rio’ (2011) for the role of Jewel and ‘Sons of Ram’ (2012) for the role of Sita.
- She has sung in various languages like Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Nepali, Assamese, and Punjabi.
- She has walked the ramp for various fashion designers.
- The legendary singer, Lata Mangeshkar called her the Numero Uno singer of the generation.
- Sunidhi Chauhan is also popularly known as the modern version of Asha Bhosle.
- On 24 April 2012, she got married to her childhood friend and music composer “Hitesh Sonik” after being in a relationship for more than two years.
- After marriage, she had put on 20 kg weight and was getting breathless while performing on stage. She then joined a gym and started following a strict diet to get back into the shape.
- In 2012, her name was on the Forbes Celebrity Top 100 list.
- Sunidhi was also listed in Forbes India’s “Top 5 Celeb100 Singers and Musicians.”
- In 2013, she was named in the list of FHM India’s “World’s Sexiest Asian Woman” at the twenty-eighth position and was also listed in MensXP’s “Hottest Female Bollywood Lead Singer.”
- She has also collaborated with the famous Pakistani band ‘Junoon’ and has sung for several Pakistani films including ‘Armaan’ (2013).
- Once, she was scheduled to record a song for Khalid Kidwai’s film, and she even visited Kailash Kher‘s studio to record it. She told Khalid Kidwai and director Ranjeet Gupta to change some lines in the song, as there were some bold political intonations in the lyrics but, they refused to change lines and then, gave this song to Indu Sonali to sing.
- Sunidhi Chauhan has judged many singing reality TV shows like ‘Indian Idol’ Season 5 & 6 (2010 & 2012), ‘The Voice India’ (2015), ‘The Remix’ (2018), and ‘Dil Hai Hindustani’ Season 2 (2018).
- In 2016, she did a short film ‘Playing Priya,’ in which she played the lead role of Priya.
- As of 2020, she has sung more than 2500 songs.
- She has performed at various singing live shows across the world.
- Sunidhi is an active philanthropist. She has performed for various charity shows and events.
- Chauhan lent her voice for John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ music video. The video was created as a part of a global campaign by UNICEF to celebrate the ’25th anniversary Convention on the Rights of Child.’
- According to Sunidhi, her voice suits best on the actresses Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Kajol, Parineeti Chopra, and Urmila Matondkar.