|Real Name||Nidhi Chauhan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 58 kg
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||14 August 1983|
|Age (as in 2017)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|School||Greenway Modern School, Dilshad Garden, Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualifications||12th Standard|
|Debut||Film: Ehsaas: The Feeling (2001, Cameo Role)
Song: Ladki Deewani Dekho (1996, Shastra)
TV: Indian Idol Season 5 (2010)
|Family||Father- Dushyant Kumar Chauhan (Theatre Artist at Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra)
Mother- Not Known
Sister- Suneha Chauhan
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Rekha, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Singers||Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle, Md. Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Manna Dey, Geeta Dutt, Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Shakira, Alicia Keys, Usher|
|Favourite Song||"Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey|
|Favourite Colours||Red, Black, Yellow|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Spouse(s)||Bobby Khan (Director/Choreographer) (m.2002-div.2003)
Hitesh Sonik (Music Composer) (m.2012-present)
|Children||Son- 1 (born in 2018)
|Salary||₹6-7 lakhs /song|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunidhi Chauhan
- Does Sunidhi Chauhan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sunidhi Chauhan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sunidhi Chauhan was born into a Rajput family.
- At the age of 4, she started performing at many competitions and local gatherings.
- She was introduced to music by her father and credited her powerful voice to him.
- She left her studies midway to continue her musical career; she had never been to college.
- She never had any professional training for singing; she instead trained herself with regular riyaz by listening to cassettes and CDs of popular singers.
- At the age of 18, Sunidhi married a director/choreographer Bobby Khan after working on the music video for ‘Pehla Nasha’ in 2002.
- However, the marriage caused a rift between Sunidhi and her parents, who considered the marriage ‘unsuitable’ and consequently disowned her. In spite of that, a year later, Sunidhi got separated from her husband.
- In 2005, she along with 16 other artists recorded a single titled ‘Zindagi Pukaarti Hai’ to raise money for the victims of the tsunami disaster in India.
- She began a romantic relationship with the music composer Hitesh Sonik, whom she was friends with since the days she won ‘Meri Awaz Suno’. After dating for more than two years, she married Hitesh Sonik on 24 April 2012.
- After her marriage, she put off a weight of about 20kg as she has to perform at concerts and regular shows, she wanted to feel light and confident.
- She judged an Indian singing reality show -‘Indian Idol season 5’ in 2010 and season 6 in 2012.
- In 2013, she appeared on the list of “World’s Sexiest Asian Woman” by ‘FHM India’ at the position 28, and was named the “Hottest Female Bollywood Lead Singer” by MensXP.com. She was also selected in the list of “Top 5 Celeb100 Singers and Musicians” compiled by Forbes India.
- Besides her career in music, she is associated with social causes like working for the underprivileged children, where she contributes to the safety of them by doing charity shows, donating money and buying clothes.
- In 2015, she judged the singing show ‘The Voice- India’.