Hometown: Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
Age: 34 Years
Wife: Anubhuti Chauhan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Piyush Chawla
- Does Piyush Chawla smoke: Not Known
- Does Piyush Chawla drink alcohol: Not Known
- He was just 16 when he took the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar in a domestic match. Chawla considers the wicket to be the most cherished wicket.
- Chawla has 17 years 75 days when he first played for India in the test format and became the second youngest player to play for India after Sachin Tendulkar.
- He holds different personalities for different formats. Chawla is being considered as a specialist leg spinner in the international team, while he shows his intent as a quality all-rounder in the domestic cricket.
- Chawla in an interview to the EspnCricinfo revealed his favourite Uttar Pradesh phase, which is “Chidha rahe ho boss? (You teasing me, mate?)”.
- Whenever he was dropped from the Indian team, former Indian leg-break bowler, Anil Kumble motivated him.
- He says his shorter height has always been a boon rather than a curse for him. It, according to Chawla, gives him an enough space to flight the ball, which is quite useful for the spin bowlers.
- In an interview, he said that he would pay anything to see Sachin Tendulkar playing against his arch rival Shane Warne.
- After his commentary stint in the 2022 IPL, as he went unsold in the tournament, he made an inspiring comeback in the 2023 IPL; he took 19 wickets in 12 matches for Mumbai Indians in the season. According to Piyush, he wanted to return to IPL for his 6-year-old son. India Today