|Real Name||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Nickname||Master Blaster, God of Cricket and Little Master|
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 18 December 1989 against Pakistan at Gujranwala
Test- 15 November 1989 against Pakistan at Karachi
T20 - 1 December 2006 against South Africa in Johannesburg
|Jersey Number||#10 (India)
#10 (IPL, Mumbai Indians)
|Domestic/State Team||Mumbai, Mumbai Indians, Yorkshire
|Nature on field||Cool
|Likes to play against||Pakistan and Australia
|Favourite Shot||Straight drive|
|Records (main ones)||• He made 1,894 ODI runs in 1998, which is a record for most ODI runs by any batsman in a calendar year.
• Most number of Test runs - 15,921
• Most number of ODI runs - 18,426
• Most number of Tests played - 200
• Most number of ODIs played - 463
• First batsman to score a double hundred in ODIs
• Only batsman to have scored 100 international centuries
• Most number of Test centuries - 51
• Most number of ODI tons - 49
• Most ODI half centuries - 96
• Most number of runs (2,278) in World Cup history
• Most World Cup appearances (6 editions)
• Most number of centuries in World Cup history
• Most fifties in Tests - 68
• Fastest to 10,000 runs in Tests (195 innings - along with Brian Lara (WI) and Kumar Sangakkara (SL))
• Most runs in a single edition of World Cup (673 runs in 2003
• Most ODI hundreds in a calendar year (9 in 1998)
|Career Turning Point||In 1989, his first Test fifty in his 2nd Test match against tough bowling attack of Pakistan in Faisalabad|
|Date of Birth||24 April 1973|
|Age (as in 2017)||44 Years|
|Birth Place||Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay (Now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Indian Education Society's New English School in Bandra (East), Mumbai
Shardashram Vidyamandir School, Dadar, Mumbai
|College||Khalsa College, Mumbai|
|Family||Father- Late Ramesh Tendulkar (Novelist)
Mother- Rajni Tendulkar (Worked as an Insurance Agent)
Brothers- Nitin Tendulkar (Elder, Half-Brother), Ajit Tendulkar (Elder, Half-Brother)
Sisters- Savita Tendulkar (Elder, Half-Sister)
|Address||19-A, Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Collecting perfume, watches & CD's, and listening music|
|Controversies||• In 1999, Shoaib Akhtar of Pakistan collided with him during a Test match in Kolkata, resulting in his being ruled run out by the third umpire.
• In 2001, he was suspended for one Test match by referee Mike Denness for not informing umpires that he was cleaning the seam of the ball during the Port Elizabeth Test against South Africa.
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsmen : Sunil Gavaskar, Sir Vivian Richards
Bowlers : Wasim Akram, Anil Kumble, Shane Warne, Muttiah Muralitharan, Glenn McGrath, Curtly Ambrose
|Favourite Cricket Grounds||Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) & Wankhede Stadium Mumbai|
|Favourite Food||Bombay Duck, Prawn Curry, Crab masala, Keema Paratha, Lassi, Chingri Prawns, Mutton Biryani, Mutton Curry, Baigan Bharta, Sushi|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Nana Patekar|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Sholay
Hollywood: Coming To America
|Favourite Musicians||Kishore Kumar, Sachin Dev Burman, Bappi Lahiri, Dire Straits|
|Favourite Song||"Yaad aa raha hai tera pyar" by Bappi Lahiri|
|Favourite Perfume||Comme des Garcons|
|Favourite Restaurant||Bukhara, Maurya Sheraton, in Delhi|
|Favourite Hotel||Park Royal Darling, Sydney|
|Favourite Destinations||New Zealand, Mussorie|
|Favourite Sports||Cricket, Lawn Tennis, Formula 1|
|Favourite Tennis Players||John McEnroe & Roger Federer|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anjali Tendulkar (Pediatrician)|
|Wife||Anjali Tendulkar (Pediatrician)
|Children||Daughter- Sara Tendulkar
Son- Arjun Tendulkar
|Car Collection||Nissan GT-R, BMW “30 Jahre M5” Limited Edition, BMW X5 M, BMW X5 M50d, BMW 760Li, BMW i8
|Net Worth||$160 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sachin Tendulkar
- Does Sachin Tendulkar smoke?: No
- He was born to a well-known Marathi novelist, Ramesh Tendulkar at Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay.
- His mother, Rajni, worked in an Insurance Company.
- He was named after the famous Indian Music Director, Sachin Dev Burman.
- Sachin has 3 elder siblings (2 half-brothers Nitin and Ajit & a half-sister Savita). They were from his father’s first marriage.
- His formative years were spent in the “Sahitya Sahawas Cooperative Housing Society” in Bandra (East).
- The young Sachin was considered a bully in his neighborhood.
- It was Sachin’s elder brother, Ajit, who recognized his cricketing ability and introduced him to Cricket in 1984. He brought Sachin to Ramakant Achrekar at Shivaji Park in Dadar, Bombay (now in Mumbai).
- After being impressed with Sachin, Achrekar advised him to shift his schooling to Sharadashram Vidyamandir (English) High School in Dadar. Sachin moved to his aunt’s home in Dadar, as it was nearer to the school.
- He started practicing hard at the Shivaji Park, and during the net practice, Achrekar used to put a coin on the middle stump and offer the bowlers that he would give that coin to the bowler who would get the wicket of Sachin.
- At Sharadashram Vidyamandir, he scored 329 out of a world-record stand of 664 along with Vinod Kambli.
- Soon, he became a case of the child prodigy at his school.
- He became a good friend of Vinod Kambli at Sharadashram Vidyamandir.
- His sister, Savita, gifted his first bat in his life.
- He initially wanted to become a fast bowler, however; when he went to the MRF Pace Foundation, Australian fast bowler Dennis Lillee advised him to focus on his batting instead.
- At the age of 17, he met his wife Anjali for the first time at the Mumbai airport and married to her 5 years later.
- He is the co-owner of the Kochi ISL team in the Indian Super League Football League in India with PVP Ventures owned by Prasad V Potluri.
- He made 15 runs in his Test Debut and zero (Duck) in his ODI Debut, both Vs Pakistan.
- He loves celebrating “Ganesh Chaturthi” festival and considers it as the most important day of the year.
Apart from cricket he loves other sports like Tennis, Football and Formula 1 and is a huge fan of John McEnroe, Diego Maradona, and Michael Schumacher.
- He is the youngest Indian player ever to feature in Tests and ODIs, at the age of 16.
- He is the member of India’s upper house of parliament (Rajya Sabha).
- He was a ball boy during the 1987 World Cup semi-finals between India and England at Wankhede stadium, Mumbai.
- He is ambidextrous, i.e. he bats and bowls with his right hand but writes with his left hand.
- In 2003, he made a special appearance in a Bollywood film called “Stumped.”
- The 1998 Sharjah Tournament is considered to be his best tournament as he single-handedly helped India reach the finals and also made a significant contribution helping out India emerging victorious.
- On 24 February 2010, he became the first Cricketer to score a double hundred in an ODI. He set this benchmark against South Africa at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- He has his own personalized kit in which he carries a painting of Tri-color (Indian National flag) by his daughter Sara.
- His upper-cut to Shoaib Akhtar for 6 during the 2003 World Cup is considered his epic shot ever by his fans.
- Sachin has a magnum heart and every year he sponsors 200 underprivileged children through Apnalaya, a Mumbai-based NGO associated with his mother-in-law, Annabel Mehta.
Check out more interesting facts here: Sachin Tendulkar Facts