|Real Name||Prayas Barman|
|Full Name||Prayas Ray Barman|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman and Bowler)|
|Famous For||Youngest player to debut in IPL
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Jersey Number||# 21 (IPL)|
|Debut||Prayas Ray Barman made his debut for Royal Challengers Bangalore on 31 March, 2019 against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
|Coach cum Mentor||Arun Lal|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm Leg Spin|
|Date of Birth||25 October 2002|
|Age (as in 2018)||16 Years|
|Birthplace||Durgapur, West Bengal|
|School||Kalyani Public School, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualifications (as in 2019)||Studying in class 12th (Commerce)|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Dr. Kaushik Ray Barman (General Physician)
Mother- Name Not Known
Sister- Priyanshi Ray Barman (Elder Sister) (I.T Professional)
|Favourite Cricketer||• Batsmen: Virat Kohli
• Bowler: Shane Warne
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prayas Ray Barman
- He is the youngest player to debut in IPL at the age of 16 years and 157 days. The previous youngest player, Afghanistan’s Mujeeb-ur-Rahman was bought by Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2018 when he was 17 years and 11 days old.
- His base price in 2019 IPL auction was ₹20 lakhs but after an intense bidding war between RCB and KXIP, RCB bought him for ₹1.5 Crores, approximately 8 times the base price. This auction also made him the youngest player to become a millionaire in the history of IPL.
- He initially joined the Ram Pal Cricket Academy in Gargi College, South Delhi but later moved back to Durgapur and joined the Durgapur Cricket Centre where under the tutelage of Shibnath Ray he honed his cricket skills.
- His Yo-Yo test score is 18.5 which is close to the Virat Kohli’s score of 19 and higher than the Indian National Cricket Team’s average of 16.1.
- He first came to the spotlight when he played for the Bengal in the Vijay Hazare Trophy (50-over tournament) in 2019. He topped the bowling charts with 9 wickets off 11 matches with an economy rate of 4.45.
- After IPL auction in December 2018, he played for the Bengal in the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament and picked up four wickets with an economy rate of 7.11
- Initially, he had decided not to put his name forth for the IPL auction but before the closure of filing process for auction, he received a call from Cricket Association of Bengal that some franchises were interested in him. After this call, he hurriedly completed paperwork and put forth his name in the auction and was sold for the record price which made him a millionaire at age of 16.
- Presently, he lives with his grandparents near Dumdum Park in northern fringes of Kolkata.
- He loves to travel, listen to music and watch movies.
- His best bowling figure of getting 4 wickets for 14 runs was against Mizoram in Cuttack. After that, he became part of the India B team that played a quadrangular series that also involved India A, South Africa A and Afghanistan A teams. The Quint
- He played his List A debut against the Jammu and Kashmir at Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering in Chennai on September 20, 2018. He took 4 wickets for 20 runs.
— Royal Challengers (@RCBTweets) March 17, 2019
- He considers the Australian spin bowler Shane Warne as his idol and the biggest reason for taking up right arm leg spin as his bowling style. News18.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
References/Sources: [ + ]