Height: 6' 1"
Age: 36 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cristiano Ronaldo
- Does Cristiano Ronaldo smoke?: No
- Does Cristiano Ronaldo drink alcohol?: No
- He was named after the US President Ronald Reagan who was the favorite actor of his father.
- In an interview, Ronaldo said that he grew up in poverty and shared a single room with his siblings.
- When he was 14 years old, he had the feeling to become a semi-professional footballer and his mother encouraged him to pursue his career in football.
- He was expelled from the school after throwing a chair at his teacher.
- In his childhood, Ronaldo was diagnosed with Racing Heart (a condition in which heart rate exceeds the normal resting rate).
- He became Manchester United’s first-ever Portuguese player when he signed during the 2003-2004 season.
- When he signed the Manchester United, he became the most expensive player (his transfer fee 12.24 million euros) in the English Soccer history.
- In Manchester United, he requested jersey number 28 but received jersey number 7 (previously been worn by legends like David Beckham, Eric Cantona, George Best).
- For Alex Ferguson (Ronaldo’s manager in England), Ronaldo said, “He’s been my father in sport”.
- For Manchester United, Ronaldo scored his first goal with a free-kick.
- On 12 January 2008, Ronaldo scored his first hat-trick for Manchester United against Newcastle United.
- on 7 July 2008, he underwent ankle surgery and remained out of action for 10 weeks.
- When he scored a 40-yard strike goal against Porto, he called it the “best goal he had ever scored”.
- On 10 May 2009, he scored his final goal for Manchester United with a free-kick.
- In 2009, Ronaldo joined Real Madrid which was a world record transfer fee (80 million euros).
- He is often ranked as the best player in the world.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to win four European Golden Shoe awards.
- His first international goal was in Euro 2004.
- On 3 July 2010, Ronaldo announced that he has become a father but has never revealed the identity of his son’s mother.
- He has no tattoos on his body and the reason cited by him is that he donates blood regularly and by tattooing, it would hamper his blood donation campaign.
- His autobiography “Moments” was published in December 2007.
- In August 2020, he became the owner of the world’s most expensive car, Bugatti La Voiture Noire. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire or the Centodieci is worth around 8.5 million euros (approximately Rs. 75 crores), and there are only 10 such cars worldwide.
- On 14 June 2021, the popular soft drink company Coca-Cola’s share price dropped by 1.6% after Cristiano Ronaldo removed two Coca-Cola bottles during a press conference at the European Championship; the event coincided with a $4bn fall in the share price of Coca-Cola.