Some Lesser Known Facts About Cristiano Ronaldo
- Does Cristiano Ronaldo smoke?: No
- Does Cristiano Ronaldo drink alcohol?: No
- He was named after the US President Ronald Reagan who was the favorite actor of his father.
- In an interview, Ronaldo said that he grew up in poverty and shared a single room with his siblings.
- When he was 14 years old, he had the feeling to become a semi-professional footballer and his mother encouraged him to pursue his career in football.
- He was expelled from the school after throwing a chair at his teacher.
- In his childhood, Ronaldo was diagnosed with Racing Heart (a condition in which heart rate exceeds the normal resting rate).
- He became Manchester United’s first-ever Portuguese player, when he signed during 2003-2004 season.
- When he signed the Manchester United, he became the most expensive player (his transfer fee 12.24 million euros) in the English Soccer history.
- In Manchester United, he requested jersey number 28 but received jersey number 7 (previously been worn by legends like David Beckham, Eric Cantona, George Best).
- For Alex Ferguson (Ronaldo’s manager in England), Ronaldo said, “He’s been my father in sport”.
- For Manchester United, Ronaldo scored his first goal with a free kick.
- On 12 January, 2008, Ronaldo scored his first hat-trick for Manchester United against Newcastle United.
- on 7 July, 2008, he underwent ankle surgery and remained out of action for 10 weeks.
- When he scored a 40-yard strike goal against Porto, he called it the “best goal he had ever scored”.
- On 10 May 2009, he scored his final goal for Manchester United with a free kick.
- In 2009, Ronaldo joined Real Madrid which was a world record transfer fee (80 million euros).
- He is often ranked as the best player in the world.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to win four European Golden Shoe awards.
- His first international goal was in Euro 2004.
- On 3 July, 2010, Ronaldo announced that he has become a father but has never revealed the identity of his son’s mother.
- He has no tattoos on his body and the reason cited by him is that he donates blood regularly and by tattooing it will hamper his blood donation campaign.
- His autobiography “Moments” was published in December 2007.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography