Raghuram Rajan Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More
|Real Name||Raghuram Govind Rajan
|Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 82 kg
in Pounds- 181 lbs
|Date of Birth||3 February 1963
|Age (as in 2017)||54 Years
|Birth Place||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius
|School||Delhi Public School (DPS), R. K. Puram, New Delhi
|College||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, MIT Sloan School of Management, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, PhD course in the theory of financial decisions
|Family||Father- R Govindarajan (IPS officer)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Srinivas Rajan, Mukund Rajan
Sister- Jayashree Rajan
|Hobbies||Writing, Sports, Quiz, Puzzles, Sudoku, Exercise, Playing Video Games
|Controversies||In 2005, he delivered a controversial paper at the US Federal Reserve. In the paper he doubted the financial development for the riskier world and was criticized by many economists at that time.
|Favourite Food||South Indian Dishes, Paneer Birbali, Coffee
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Wife||Radhika Puri (Teacher at the University of Chicago Law School)
|Net Worth||Rs 1,98,700 (monthly)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghuram Rajan
- Does Raghuram Rajan smoke?: No
- Does Raghuram Rajan drink alcohol?: No
- His father was an IPS officer who topped his 1953 batch.
- Throughout his life, he thought his father was a diplomat.
- While he was young, he dreamed of becoming the Prime Minister of India.
- In his school, he was part of the orchestra.
- In an Interview, he said “I didn’t own a blazer in my school days”.
- In 1985, he was awarded Director’s Gold Medal as the best all round student in IIT, Delhi.
- In 1987, he was awarded Gold Medal in IIM Ahmedabad.
- The title of his PhD thesis was “Essays on Banking”.
- Rajan won the inaugural Fischer Black Prize in 2003.
- He predicted the financial crisis of 2008 very early, in the year 2005.
- He served as Chief Economist at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from October 2003 to December 2006.
- He was as an honorary Economic Adviser by the then Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh in 2008.
- For his book, ‘Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy,’ he was awarded the Financial Times-Goldman Sachs best business book of the year prize in 2010.
- He was appointed as Chief Economic Adviser to India’s Finance Ministry on 10 August 2012.
- On 5 September. 2013, he became the youngest Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- In 2014, it was suggested by the economists all over the world that he could replace Christine Lagarde as head of the IMF.
- In 2014, Euromoney Magazine conferred the Best Bank Governor Award to Raghuram Rajan.
- In 2016, Time magazine named him in the list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in the World.’
- In September 2017, his book “I Do What I Do” was released. The book received a massive media attention for being critical about the government policies.
- In an interview, he said that “my son thinks I am from the Stone Age”.
- Raghuram Rajan is an absolute vegetarian.
- He is called a “Rockstar” and a “Financial Prophet” in the field of Economics.
- Arvind Panagariya Age, Biography, Wife & More
- Narendra Modi Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Unknown Facts & More
- Arvind Kejriwal Height, Weight, Age, Family, Unknown Facts & More
- Rahul Gandhi Height, Weight, Age, Family, Unknown Facts & More
- Arnab Goswami Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Unknown Facts & More
- Aamir Khan Height, Weight, Age, Affairs & More!
- Barack Obama Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More
- Donald Trump Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More