|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Seema Simham (2002) as Hema’s brother
Film (Tamil): Kadhalna Summa Illai (2009) as Dalit
Film (Kannada): Jaguar (2016) as Dr. Ramachandran
|Date of Birth||25 May 1968 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Sri Ramakrishna Mission School in T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Com
• A course in Mass Communication
• A course in Still Photography Idle Brain Wikipedia
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Children||He has a son and a daughter.|
|Parents||Father- Rao Gopal Rao (actor)
Mother- Kamala Kumari (Harikatha exponent and philosopher)
|Siblings||Brother- Rao Kranthi Kumar (senior systems analyst in a software company in Tampa, USA)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rao Ramesh
- Rao Ramesh is a well-known South Indian actor. He mainly works in Telugu, Kannada, and Tamil films.
- Rao Ramesh was brought up in Chennai. His father was born in the dynasty of Rajas, and his mother was born in a family of Karnatic musicians.
- He wanted to drop out of school while he was in class 12 and learn still photography. Later, he started visiting the British Library and the American Library to read books on photography. He used to love reading C. Narayana Reddy’s work ‘Kavitha Naa Chirunama.’
- He decided to study photography and animation in the US in 1994, but due to his father’s demise in the same year, he quit the plan.
- During an interview, when he was asked if he had any regrets related to his father, he replied,
Yes. I should have interacted with him for more time. My conversation with him during my entire lifetime would not exceed a page. He was like a tiger when he was home. I wish I had interacted with him more and shared lots of joys with him like many of my friends used to do with their respective parents.”
- After his father’s demise, he had to struggle a lot to get some good work. In an interview, while remembering those days, he said,
I joined KS Prakasa Rao (brother of K Raghavendra Rao) as an assistant. But he did not give any petty work because of the respect he carries towards my father. During that time cinematographer, VSR Swamy encouraged me and sent me to a friend of his at Bangalore. I learnt about industrial photography over there. They used Cinar cameras which costs around 16 lakhs each. I also applied for a course in live-action and animation in The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, California. But my parents did not want to get into it.”
Some people advised me to produce a film and I tried doing that with a popular director, but I lost money as the film never started. I also started a mushroom business in Chennai, but it didn’t take off. At that time, my mother advised me to try my hand at acting. Since I respect her words, I decided to try acting and shifted to Hyderabad. I then called writer and actor Omkar. He promised to give me a role in his serial, and the very next day, I got a call from Balaji Telefilms citing his reference. I bagged a TV serial Sudigundali and acted in nearly 50 episodes, receiving Rs 7,500 for the work, all of which I gave to the employees at my home.”
- Around 2001 or 2002, he was supposed to make his debut in Ghantasala Ratna Kumar’s directorial TV series, but the project got shelved. Later, he got an offer to act in the Telugu TV serials ‘Pavithra Bandham’ and ‘Kalavari Kodalu.’
- Rao Ramesh has acted in various Telugu films like ‘Avakai Biryani’ (2008), ‘Magadheera’ (2009), ‘Attarintiki Daredi’ (2013), ‘S/O Satyamurthy’ (2014), ‘A Aa’ (2016), ‘Prati Roju Pandage’ (2019), and ‘Jersey’ (2019).
- He is shooting for the Telugu films ‘Bheemla Nayak,’ ‘Bangarraju,’ and ‘Anni Manchi Sakunamule’ as of 2021.
- Some of his Tamil films are ‘Easan’ (2010), ‘Saagasam’ (2016), and ‘Jai Bhim’ (2021). In an interview, he shared his experience while working with the famous South Indian actor Suriya in the Tamil film ‘Jai Bhim,’ he said,
I had a great experience working with Suriya for the first time in my career. While I had already heard a lot of people praising him, I could witness his dedication and hard work personally while shooting for ‘Jai Bhim’. He is a cool and composed person and is always helping people on the sets. I also got to know about his humanitarian side – he has been helping many children receive an education. He is a real-life hero.”
- He has also acted in the Kannada films ‘Jaguar’ (2016) and ‘K.G.F: Chapter 2’ (2022).