|Full name||Parag Madhu Sanghvi The Bridge Chronicle|
|Profession(s)||Film Producer and Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||Year 1972|
|Age (as of 2021)||49 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Business Management Pinkvilla|
|Controversies||• FIR Against Business Partner Sachiin Joshi
He filed an FIR accusing his former business partner Sachiin Jagdishprasad (an Indian actor, producer, and entrepreneur) Joshi of a financial embezzlement of Rs. 58 crore. Parag filed a case against Sachiin for not paying the royalty amount of Playboy Beer Garden franchise to him. Pinkvilla During an interview, the local police said,
"Sanghvi had entered into a contract with Joshi and his partners in Viiking Media And Entertainment Private Limited company. As per the contract, Joshi was supposed to pay the royalty for the franchise of Playboy Beer Garden at Baner and Koregaon Park. However, Joshi has not made the payment to Sanghvi since 2016. Sanghvi had then filed a complaint with Pune police about this. His complaint was investigated primarily by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Crime Branch of Pune Police. Upon these investigations, FIR has been registered against Joshi. Assistant Police Inspector H M Nanaware is investigating the case.”
• Connection with the Batting Racket
He landed into trouble for having a connection with the betting racket of the Indian Premier League (IPL), and in the case, he was summoned by the Anti-Extortion Cell of the Thane Police, Mumbai, along with a man named Sameer Budhha in June 2021. Outlook India
• Arrested in a Forgery Case
He was arrested by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW), Mumbai, in a real estate forgery case of Rs. 13.74 crore on 20 December 2021. The Hindu As per the complainant Mahendra Ranmal Shah,
"I purchased three commercial properties on Turner Road in Bandra from a real estate business in 2013 for Rs. 13.74 crores. One was rented to Alumbra Entertainment, where Sanghavi is a director, and the other two were rented to a different company. He sold the rented flats to another person."
As per the authorities,
"An offense under the appropriate section of cheating, forgery, and criminal conspiracy based on the complaint has been files. He has been charged with a few more offenses.”
|Relationships & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Parag Sanghvi
- Parag Sanghvi is an Indian businessman and film producer.
- Post his graduation, he started working as a business management professional.
- In 1990, he started investing his funds in producing films. Later, he started working as a financer and distributor in Hindi films.
- Parag has worked as a producer in the Hindi films ‘Darna Mana Hai’ (2003), ‘Ab Tak Chhappan’ 1 & 2 (2004 & 2015), ‘Vaastu Shastra’ (2004), and ‘Golmaal-Fun Unlimited’ (2006).
- He started his own film production house in 2011 with the name Alumbra Entertainment & Lotus Film Pvt. Ltd. He produced Hindi films like ‘Sarkar’ (2005), ‘The Attacks of 26/11’ (2013), ‘Sarkar 3’ (2017), and ‘Chef’ (2017) under his banner.
- Parag and his wife were duped by a former banker Parmeet Arora in 2010 of around Rs. 60 lakh. Arora used to befriend celebrities during various parties and events. At one such party, she met Parag and his wife, and by the passage of time, she earned their trust. The Indian Express According to the local police,
During her (Parmeet) interrogation, we secured the details of her two bank accounts. One of her bank accounts has just Rs 52 while the other has a sum of Rs 1,500. Arora claimed she had given the money to her former husband Vikarm Singh to win back his affection. Singh and Arora got divorced in 2009 and Singh now stays with his family in Aurangabad. Arora claims she had given the money to Singh as she wanted him back in her life. We have contacted Singh’s family in Aurangabad, but they refuted her claims.”
The local police added,
Nevertheless, we have contacted Vikram Singh and have told him to come to Mumbai to help us with the probe. He would reach Mumbai by tomorrow and we will record his statement too. The Amboli police arrested Parmeet Arora alias Sonia, on last Thursday. The alleged con was unearthed when the chartered accountant of the Sanghvi family stumbled upon discrepancies in their ledger. Arora has been remanded in police custody till October 27.”
- He started the franchise of the nightclub ‘Playboy Club’ in India in 2016, but later, in 2017, the franchise was taken over by his business partner Sachiin Joshi.
- He launched ‘B,’ a luxurious lounge in Mumbai, on 26 August 2019.