|Real Name||Ratna Pathak|
|Famous Role||'Maya Sarabhai' in sitcom 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||18 March 1957|
|Age (as in 2017)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|School||J. B. Vachha High School, Dadar Mumbai|
|College/University||National School of Drama, Delhi|
|Debut||Film: Mandi (1983)
TV: Idhar Udhar (1985), aired on DD National
|Family||Father- Late Baldev Pathak
Mother- Late Dina Pathak (Actress)
Sister- Supriya Pathak, Actress (younger)
|Address||04, Sand Pebbles, Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Favourite Film||Aankho Dekhi (2013)|
|Favourite Writers||Ismat Chughtai, Hari Shankar Parsai|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Naseeruddin Shah (Actor & Director)
|Children||Son- Imaad Shah, Musician (elder), Vivaan Shah, Actor
Daughter- Heeba Shah, Actress (step-daughter)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ratna Pathak
- Does Ratna Pathak smoke: Yes
- Does Ratna Pathak drink alcohol: Yes
- Initially, Ratna had no plans of entering the acting industry. She always felt irritated by her friends, who believed that since her mother was an actor, Ratna would also end up being the same.
- Ratna first met her future husband, Naseeruddin Shah, during the shoot of a theater play titled Sambhog Se Sanyas Tak in the year 1975. Though at that time, Shah was recovering from the aftermath of a divorce, he fell for her without any second thought.
- Initially, in their careers, Ratna and her sister Supriya were not on good terms. However, the two have now worked out their differences.
- For her performance as ‘Maya’ in the renowned Indian sitcom- Sarabhai vs Sarabhai (2005), she was awarded the ITA (Indian Television Academy) award for Best Actress- Comedy.
- She was a part of the prestigious Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan selecting committee for the 2012 Award distribution ceremony.
- In an interview, Ratna said that she hates playing stereotypical roles and owing to this reason she thinks a lot before saying yes to a film.