|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||23 April 1969|
|Age (as in 2020)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Belwa, West Champaran district, Bihar, India|
|Hometown||His ancestry belonging is a small village called Belwa on the border of Nepal near the town Narkatiaganj in West Champaran, Bihar.|
|School||Khrist Raja High School, Bettiah|
|College||Satyawati College, Delhi
Ramjas College, Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in History
|Debut||Film: Bandit Queen (1994)
TV: Swabhimaan (1995)
|Family||Father- Radhakant Bajpai (Farmer)
Mother- Not Known
|Controversies||• He refused the offer to work in Aamir Khan's film Dangal, as he was not happy with his role.
• Juhi Chawla, the producer of the film Chalk N Duster sacked him from her film and replaced him with Rishi Kapoor to play the role of a quizmaster, as she thought that Manoj's looks are not good enough to carry out this role.
|Favourite Food||Biryani, Penne pasta|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favourite Actress||Smita Patil, Tabu|
|Favourite Director||Shekhar Kapur, Ram Gopal Varma|
|Favourite Film||Gangs of Wasseypur|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Shabana Raza a.k.a Neha (Actress)
|Children||Daughter- Ava Nayla
|Salary||4 Crore (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Bajpai
- Manoj got famous with his role of Bhiku Mahatre in Ram Gopal Varma’s film Satya, and won many awards for his role as a gangster.
- After getting rejected thrice from the National School of Drama, Delhi, he tried to commit suicide.
- He learned acting skills from Barry John’s workshop on the advice of actor Raghubir Yadav. At that time Shah Rukh Khan was his batch-mate in those acting classes.
- He was earlier married to a Delhi girl but got divorced later, and then he married actress Shabana Khan, popularly known as Neha, who did films like Kareeb, Fiza, etc.
- In 1995, he did his first TV serial called Swaabhimaan, which also had actors like Ashutosh Rana and Rohit Roy.
- His parents liked veteran actor Manoj Kumar, so they choose his name as Manoj, though he wanted to have the name Samar Bajpai.
- He along with Amitabh Bachchan jumped from a big height of 30 feet for a waterfall scene in the film Aks.
- He won National Film Award for films like Pinjar and Satya.
- In September 2020, he gave his voice and performed in a Bhojpuri rap song that rips into the romanticisation of big cities from the point of view of a male migrant worker. Directed by Anubhav Sinha with lyrics by Dr Sagar and music by Anurag Saikia, the song speaks of a male migrant worker’s longing for home and “chokha-baati” while he toils in the big city. Throughout the song, the refrain is “Bambai Main Ka Ba” (What is there in Bombay?)