Saira Banu Age, Husband, Children, Biography & More
|Real Name||Saira Banu or Saira Bano|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||23 August 1944|
|Age (as in 2017)||73 Years|
|Birth Place||Mussoorie, United Provinces, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Elite School (studied in London)|
|Educational Qualification||10th standard|
|Debut||Film- Junglee (1961)
|Family||Father- Mian Ehsan-ul-Haq
Mother- Naseem Banu (Actress)
Brother- Sultan Ahmed
|Favourite Actors||Dilip Kumar, Amir Khan|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Dilip Kumar (Actor, 1966-present)
|Marriage Date||11 October 1966|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saira Banu
- Does Saira Banu smoke?: No
- Does Saira Banu drink alcohol?: No
- Saira was born into a Urdu-speaking family in India.
- She spent much of her childhood in London and made a debut in 1961 in a Bollywood movie ‘Junglee’ opposite Shammi Kapoor.
- At the age of 22, she got married to Yusuf Khan, alias Dilip Kumar, who is 22 years older than Saira Banu.
- Saira has a niece, Shaheen, who is now a Bollywood actress. She was once married to Bollywood actor, Sumeet Saigal, and the couple has a daughter, Sayesha.
- Saira Banu was the 3rd highest paid actress in Hindi Cinema from 1963-1969 and 4th highest paid actress from 1971-1976.
- She was the lead actress of the all-time favorite comedy film Padosan, which had a long line of comic actors like Mehmood, Kishore Kumar, Sunil Dutt, Mukri, Keshto Mukherjee, etc. Every song of the film was a chartbuster.
- She was the trendsetter of her time and her exquisite saris and classic jewelry pieces both designed by her mother Naseem Bano were a rage. She looked stunning in both Indian as well as western clothes making everything she put on look elegant and classy.
- Saira Banu was a big fan of Dilip Kumar in her young age. She had two dreams at that time: one was to be a big actress and another was to marry Dilip.
- In 2014 Memoir, “The Substance and the Shadow”, Dilip Kumar said that she became pregnant in 1972 with their son, but that she developed high blood pressure in her eighth month of pregnancy and the doctors couldn’t save the baby, which had been strangulated by the umbilical cord. After that, they never had children, believing that it was God’s will.”