Height: 5’ 10”
Profession: Army Personnel
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Unit||4th Battalion of the Sindh Regiment|
|Commands||• Commandant of the Islamabad-based National Defence University (NDU)
• Inspector General (IG) of the Frontier Corps (FC) (North)
• GOC IV Corps (Lahore Corps) (12 May 2023 - present)
|Military Decoration||Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military), Pakistan's second-highest honour|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Fayyaz Hussain Shah
- Fayyaz Hussain Shah is a lieutenant general in the Pakistan Army who was the 27th Corps Commander of the Lahore Corps (aka IV Corps). He made the headlines in May 2023 after he relieved Lt. Gen. Salman Fayyaz Ghani as the GOC of the Lahore Corps.
- After completing his graduation, Shah applied for the officer’s entry into the Pakistan Army following which he joined the Pakistan Military Academy’s 80th Long Course.
- After two years of rigorous military training, Shah joined the Pakistan Army’s 4th Battalion of the Sindh Regiment as a second lieutenant.
- As he gained experience and seniority in the army, Ghani went on to become a Company Commander, Battalion Commander, and Brigade Commander.
- In February 2018, Shah received a promotion and became a major general.
- In April 2018, he led a team of twenty-one officers from different branches of the Pakistan Armed Forces to Sri Lanka. There, he engaged in bilateral defence talks with his Sri Lankan military counterparts.
- He was appointed as the IG of the FC (North) in Balochistan. The FC under his command played an important role in guarding the trade terminals established by the Balochistan government in militancy-affected areas of the province, which led to an improvement in Pakistan-Afghanistan trade cooperation and relations. He was relieved from his duty as the IG in 2021.
- His first posting after becoming a lieutenant general on 11 October 2022 was at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi as Inspector General (IG) (Arms).
- Fayyaz Hussain Shah relieved Salman Fayyaz Ghani as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Lahore-based IV Corps on 12 May 2023. Many sources from Pakistan claim that Lt. Gen. Salman Fayyaz Ghani’s removal as a Corps Commander was a punishment that was meted out to him for going against General Asim Munir’s orders of opening fire on civilians who vandalised the Corps Commander’s house in the Lahore cantonment on 9 May 2023 while protesting against Imran Khan’s arrest.