Age: 68 Years
Net Worth: $1.3 Billion
Wife: Syeda Rubaba Rahman
|Full Name||Salman Fazlur Rahman|
|Famous For||Being the private sector development affairs adviser to the Bangladesh Awami League President Sheikh Hasina|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||• Samriddhya Bangladesh Andolan (mid 1990s to 2000)
• Bangladesh Awami League (2001-present)
|Political Journey||• In the mid 1990s, he founded the political party Samriddhya Bangladesh Andolan
• In 2001, he contested in Bangladeshi General Elections on a ticket of the Bangladesh Awami League from the Dohar Upazila Constituency; however, he lost the election
• In 2009, he became Private Sector Development Adviser to the President of Bangladesh Awami League and the Prime Minsiter of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina
• In 2016, again became Private Sector Development Adviser to the President of Bangladesh Awami League and the Prime Minsiter of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina
• In 2018, won Dhaka-1 (Dohar-Nawabganj) Constituency in Bangladeshi General Elections from Bangladesh Awami League
• In 2019, became a Member of Parliament of Bangladesh National Parliament and appointed Private Sector Industry and Investment Adviser to he Prime Minister of Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh- Sheikh Hasina
|Date of Birth||23 May 1951|
|Age (as in 2019)||68 Years|
|Birthplace||Dohar Upazila, Dhaka District, East Pakistan (now, in Bangladesh)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|College/University||University of Karachi|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Syeda Rubaba Rahman|
|Children||Son- Ahmed Shayan Fazlur Rahman
|Parents||Father- Late Fazlur Rahman
Mother- Late Syeda Fatina Rahman
|Siblings||Brother- Sohail Fasiur Rahman
|Favourite Politician||Sheikh Hasina|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.3 Billion (as in 2017) Dhaka Tribune|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salman F Rahman
- Salman F Rahman is a Bangladeshi business tycoon and politician.
- Salman F Rahman’s career as a businessman began in 1966 with his brother Sohail Fasiur Rahman.
- He and his brother inherited their father’s jute mill but the mill was nationalized after the Independence of Bangladesh in 1971. In the successive year, they founded Beximco Group, the largest business conglomerate in Bangladesh.
- Rahman in the initial days of Beximco, exported seafood and crushed bones to countries including France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, and Britain.
- Beximco Pharmaceuticals, the first subsidiary of Beximco Group, became the first Bangladeshi company to be listed in the London Stock Exchange.
- Beximco Pharmaceutical is the only Bangladeshi company with four products in the US market.
- As of 2019, Beximco Group, founded and vice-chaired by Salman F Rahman, is one of the biggest conglomerates of Bangladesh and a premier contributor in the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Beximco Group currently (as in 2019) has four public- Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Shinepukur Ceramics Ltd., Beximco Synthetic Ltd., and Bangladesh Export Import Co. Ltd.; and 17 privately held companies.
- They are also into a retail garment business with the brand name “Yellow.”
- In the December 2018 General Election, Salman F Rahman bagged 3,02,993 votes (86.50%) for the Dhaka-1 constituency in comparison to 37,763 votes (10.78%) of the opposing Jayiya Party’s candidate.
- Since 2009, Mr. Rahman has been a close aide of the Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and has been associated with her as the Private Sector Industry and Investment Adviser.
References/Sources: [ + ]