|Profession||Senior Manager at Nucleus Office Parks, Mumbai|
|Famous For||Being the sister of late Sidharth Shukla|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||Year 1976|
|Age (as of 2021)||45 Years|
|Hometown||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||St. Joseph’s High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune, Maharashtra (2008-2010)|
|Educational Qualification||PGDBA in Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration (General) LinkedIn- Neetu Shukla|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Rumi Khatao (Associate General Manager/ Food & Beverage Director Sr. At Norwegian Cruise Line)
|Parents||Father- Late Ashok Shukla (civil engineer at the Reserve Bank of India)
Mother- Rita Shukla
|Siblings||Brother- Late Sidharth Shukla (actor; younger)
Sister- Preeti Shukla (elder; image in parents' section)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neetu Shukla
- Neetu Shukla works as a senior manager at Nucleus Office Parks, Mumbai. She is the elder sister of the famous Indian actor Sidharth Shukla who passed away on 2 September 2021.
- She was born in a Hindu Brahmin family.
- In an interview, she shared that since childhood she wanted to become an air hostess. She followed her childhood dream and started her career at East-West Airlines in 1995 which was shut down in 1996. She then worked as an international flight attendant at Singapore Airlines, Singapore, in March 2000.
- After working there for six years, she started working as an inflight director at Kingfisher Airlines, Mumbai, in August 2006. After almost eight years, she quit her job as Kingfisher Airlines was shut down, and she was left without a job for almost two years. During an interview, she talked about being unemployed. She said,
I was unemployed for two years. My behaviour also changed. This time was also very difficult for my family due to irritability, confusion and depression. Now I have got a job in a ‘real estate company. Like common people, I too have a routine of 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening. I am fortunate because many of my colleagues working in Kingfisher as pilots and ground staff have not yet been able to find another job.”
She further said,
But when I get up in the morning and leave for work, I don’t often feel like this. I remember the time when in the morning we used to check everything on the plane, meet new people, when there was a problem, we used to figure out new ways to deal with it. The most beautiful views in the world were when our plane took off in the early morning with the sun rising through the clouds, or when lightning struck through the cockpit window in the midst of a storm. I used to tell everyone that if one spends more than five years in this industry, then it is as if ‘aviation fuel’ starts flowing in the veins instead of blood. My dream is broken. I will never be able to do what I was born to do. This experience has suddenly taught me worldliness.”
- Later, in 2018, while talking to reporters she talked about Vijay Mallya‘s (who was her former employer at Kingfisher Airlines) arrest in the money laundering case. She said,
It sets things in motion, he has charges like siphoning and diverting funds. It’s not just a case of repayment of the money it also involves a lot of criminal deeds. He should face the music. Despite the fact that India is a labour centric country, we do not protect labour laws. Employees are not safeguarded in any way, we need to have stringent laws.”
- After quitting her job at Kingfisher Airlines, she started working at Radius Developers, Mumbai, as head of client relations, and in 2019, she started her job as a senior manager at Nucleus Office Parks, Mumbai.
- She appeared in episode one titled ‘The King of Good Times’ of the Netflix documentary ‘Bad Boy Billionaires’ in which she talked about Vijay Mallya.
- While talking to the reporters in 2020, she talked against ladies being banned from entering the Sabarimala temple in Kerala. Bollywood Tadka
- In 2021, Neetu and her brother, Sidharth Shukla appeared in the Hindi TV show ‘Kitchen Champion.’
- Neetu was very close to her brother Sidharth Shukla. In an interview, Sidharth talked about his sisters and mother, he said,
I have two elder sisters, and they were my heroes while I was growing up. Their definition of an ideal man is how I always wanted to be. I thought their version of an ideal man was the perfect man and I wanted to be like that. However far I may be from that today, I think I am still a better man because of chasing their ideals. Yes, both my sisters have a huge role to play in the way I think. They made me realise the importance of women and respecting them. So, a lot of my understanding of women has come through my sisters apart from, of course, my mother.”