Height: 5' 9"
Age: 22 Years
Hometown: Northamptonshire, England
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sam Curran
- He was born into a family of cricketers. His father represented Zimbabwe in the 1983 and 1987 Cricket World Cups. His brothers Ben and Tom Curran also are professional cricketers.
- In his childhood, he used to live in the family farm in Rusape, before it was seized in 2004 under the land reform policy.
- He has also played for Zimbabwe. He represented Zimbabwe at the 2011–12 CSA Under-13 Week tournament.
- He has represented his club Surrey in Under-15, Under-17, and Second XI level.
- He represented England Under-19 at the 2016 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. He scored 201 runs and took seven wickets in the tournament.
- In 2012, he suffered a great loss when his father collapsed while jogging in the park and later died, aged 53.
- He was bought by Auckland Aces in 2017 for the 2017-18 Super Smash.
- In January 2018, he was selected in England’s squad for the 2017-18 Trans-Tasman Tri-Series against Australia and New Zealand, but he did not play any game.
- In August 2018, he was named the Man of the Match for the first test between India and England.