Some Unknown Facts About Sandeep Gupta
- Mr. Sandeep Gupta is an Indian submariner (retired) and a businessman who owns a defense academy, Doon Defence Academy in Dehradun. He experienced numerous difficulties growing up because he came from a middle-class household. He was deprived of all the fundamental amenities required for any youngster due to the tragic death of his mother during his youth and a very large family.
- He went to work at a young age. He delivered newspapers, ran a tea shop, sold ice cream, worked in a bulb factory, and eventually went into sales. Despite being ridiculed, he never gave up or bowed down.
- He developed into a fantastic cricket player, and one day he promised he would do something heroic for his nation by joining the Indian Navy. He developed into a fantastic cricket player, and one day he promised he would do something heroic for his nation by joining the Indian Navy.
- He retired voluntarily from the Navy in 2005.
- His goal was to return to Dehradun and accept a position where he could instruct young people on how to handle weapons and ammunition in the armed services. His long-term ambition was to open a defense academy which was fulfilled with Doon Defence Academy.
- About 10,000 students have found employment in the Indian army and Merchant Navy after taking coaching from his institute.
- His institution has actively supported several social welfare initiatives in addition to this enormous contribution to the military forces. For his outstanding contribution to the advancement and development of the Indian Armed Forces, Sandeep Sir has received several renowned honors and accolades, including the Uttarakhand Sainik Shiromani Ratna, Sainik Gaurav Ratna, and many others.
- Sandeep has a passion for travel and has been an avid traveler. This is one of the reasons he joined the Indian Navy.
- He has spent many great moments in the Navy. However, there is one particular event that remains close to his heart. He says,
One incident that I can never forget is the day when the whole of India was celebrating its 50th Independence day and on that eventful day, I was 300 meters below sea level. It was at this time that we got the news that we were the only seventy people who were celebrating the 50th Independence day of our country in the unfathomable depth of the ocean and when I think of that wonderful incident, I get thrilled with wonder and this incident is still awe-inspiring in my memory.
- His biggest inspirations have been A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Shahid Bhagat Singh, Guru Nanak Dev ji, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, etc. He is also inspired by a few movies which are thematically based on high ethical values and moral codes.
- If he would have not been in the Navy, he would have liked to become a cricketer or an actor.
- According to Sandeep, the definition of success is when one can become the cause of someone’s happiness or you help and support the person in a manner that his misery and sufferings end up.
- Sandeep is a person with a positive mindset and stresses the ability to be one. He says,
I am a positive-minded person with an optimistic approach. I am aware of the fact that hardships and challenges never come to an end and I feel that these difficulties and challenges should never end. But I am always prepared to face innumerable challenges at all times and I try my level best to do my work to the best of my abilities with full dedication and in a perfect manner so as to guide and provide academic support to a maximum number of students.
I feel that youth is the most precious asset and our greatest heritage and they only need our guidance and mentorship. Due to the modern changes that have come in the social, cultural, and educational pattern of the society, our youth has become slightly casual in its approach and they lack seriousness. I feel that they are getting tempted to materialism and as per my point of view, this is indeed something to muse about with anxiety. As we generally discuss and talk that due to urbanization, the land available for sports is getting reduced day by day. This is the truth of the hour that due to excessive use of electronic gadgets like mobiles, televisions and internet, etc, even the number of players has drastically reduced. Social Networking is spreading rapidly but it is limited only up to the friend list of your Facebook application or your wat sap group. There has been a drastic change in the social engagements and meetings as people have stopped meeting each other which as per my perspective is very hazardous an impact on society and slowly it is becoming a very serious problem and all this is because of these social media applications.