Some Lesser Known Facts About Shankar Mahadevan
- Does Shankar Mahadevan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shankar Mahadevan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shankar Mahadevan is a composer and a playback singer who is the part of Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy composing trio team.
- Shankar Mahadevan was born in Chembur, Mumbai into a Tamil Iyer family from Palakkad, Kerala.
- He learned Hindustani classical and Carnatic music in childhood and began playing the veena at the age of 5. He studied music under Shrinivas Khale, a Marathi composer.
- Though, being a software engineer by profession and having worked for Oracle Corporation, his penchant for music made him venture into the field of music.
- He was noted for the release of his first album Breathless in 1998.
- He can fluently sing in Tamil, Marathi, Hindi and English.
- He is a four-time winner of the National Award: three times for Best Male Playback Singer and once for Best Music Director.
- He had also tested his acting skills and debuted in the film industry with the Marathi movie Katyar Kaljat Ghusali (2015).
- He founded the Shankar Mahadevan Academy, which provides online music lessons in Indian music for students worldwide.
- He was the music director for School Chale Hum on Doordarshan and a mentor on the Zee TV musical reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009.
- His son Siddharth Mahadevan, also a singer, made his debut with the 2013 Bhaag Milkha Bhaag song “Zinda”. His youngest son, Shivam Mahadevan, also a singer made his debut in 2013 Dhoom 3 song Bande Hain Hum Uske.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)