|Full name||Shivon Alice Zilis Yahoo! Finance|
|Profession(s)||Venture Capitalist, AI Researcher|
|Famous for||Being the alleged mother of Elon Musk's secret twins, born in November 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1986 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Markham, Ontario, Canada|
|Hometown||Markham, Ontario, Canada|
|School||Unionville High School, Markham|
|College/University||Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut|
|Educational Qualification||BA in Economics and Philosophy (2008) LinkedIn|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Elon Musk (Business Magnate)
|Children||Apparently, she has twins with Elon Musk. Her twins were born in November 2022.
|Parents||Father- Richard Zilis
Mother- Sharda Zilis
Note: One of her parents is a retired federal government bureaucrat.
|Siblings||Zilis is the only child of her parents.|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$5- $10 million (as of 2022)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shivon Zilis
- Shivon Zilis is a Canadian AI researcher and venture capitalist who is appointed as the Director of Operations and Special Projects at Neuralink, a brain-chip startup of Elon Musk. Apparently, she is the mother of Elon Musk‘s secret twins who were born in November 2021.
- She is a Punjabi Indian from her mother’s side and Canadian (Caucasian) from her father’s side. USA Today
- Zilis excelled at ice hockey during her school days and was in pursuit of a hockey scholarship to get admission to Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut. She bagged the sports scholarship and also received an academic scholarship because of her high grades in her high school examination.
- Zilis played for the Yale varsity women’s ice hockey team as a goalie and was credited with one of the all-time best save percentages.
- While studying at Yale University, Shivon not only played ice hockey but also played the drums and guitar.
- Having an interest in literature, Shivon was drawn toward Artificial Intelligence after reading The Age of Spiritual Machines by Ray Kurzweil; it was the Canadian band Our Lady Peace that inspired her to read the book.
- Although Shivon initially thought of returning to Canada from Connecticut post her graduation, she was enthralled by the history of technology development in the U.S. and the idea of working in an American tech giant. In 2007, she joined IBM, an American multinational technology corporation, as a Thought Leadership Analyst.
- Soon, she attached herself to IBM’s micro-finance initiative, as a part of which, she traveled the world. Traveling to countries like Peru and Indonesia, Shivon helped to develop systems to provide smooth financial services to small businesses and organizations in developing nations. She worked on the internal strategies for around two years, forming mobile finance strategies, China banking solutions strategy, Smarter Planet portfolio solution strategy, and overcoming disruptions in consumer payments.
- Shifting to the entrepreneurial side of her work, Zilis got involved in providing business solutions and facilitating partnerships with startups.
- In March 2011, she founded Bloomberg Beta along with Roy Bahat, Karin Klein, and James Cham; Bloomberg Beta is an early-stage venture capital funded by Bloomberg L.P. The firm utilizes ‘machine intelligence.’
- Shivon was included on the Board of the Global Community Charter School in June 2012.
- Shivon became a Charter Member of C100 in March 2014; C100 is a non-profit, member-driven organization that supports Canadian technology entrepreneurship and investment.
- She has served as a Board Member in various big organizations like Vector Institute, Toronto, Canada, and Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii), Alberta, Canada.
- Shivon has also worked as a Fellow at Creative Destruction Lab.
- In 2016, Shivon started working as an advisor at OpenAI, a nonprofit organization founded by Elon Musk. In 2020, she became one of the Board Members of the organization; she is one of the youngest board members of the organization.
- Subsequently, she joined Neuralink, a neurotechnology company that develops implantable brain-machine interfaces.
- She also worked as a project director for Inc.’s Autopilot product and chip design team of Tesla from 2017 to 2019.
- In her spare time, Shivon Zilis likes skiing and hanging out with friends.
- She is fond of animals and has talked about the same on various platforms.
- She admires the philosophies of Friedrich Nietzsche and David Hume.
- In an interview, Shivon revealed that she had got her big blue eyes from her mother.
- In 2015, Zilis was included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 list for venture capital.
- Her name has also been listed in many other prestigious lists like LinkedIn’s 35 under 35.
- Shivon and Elon Musk met for the first time in 2016 after Shivon joined OpenAI, Elon Musk’s artificial intelligence startup. In July 2022, it was revealed through some court documents that Shivon and Musk had twins (born in November 2021), a month before Musk’s former partner Grimes (Canadian musician and singer) gave birth to their second child; Elon earlier has triplets and twins from his first wife, Justine Wilson (author). Soon after the news of his secret twins with Zilis broke, Elon made a tweet, showing support for big families. He tweeted,
Doing my best to help the underpopulation crisis. A collapsing birth rate is the biggest danger civilization faces by far. I hope you have big families and congrats to those who already do.” On the other hand, Shivon Zilis deleted her Instagram account as soon as the news went viral.
- As per the court documents, Shivon Zilis lives with Elon Musk in Austin.
- Reportedly, Musk and Zilis approached the Travis County, Texas court in July 2022 to get the last names of their kids changed. Through the documents, they asked the court to add Elon Musk’s last name to the names of their kids. They also asked the court to add Zilli’s last name as their kids’ middle name.
- Zilis is often seen supporting Musk on Twitter. She often agrees with his comments on topics like utopia, zero-sum games, and humanity. Zilis once changed her timeline on Twitter to a reverse chronological view, after Musk advocated for it.
- In 2020, Musk was severely criticized for his decision to move Tesla out of California due to the Covid-19 restrictions. Shivon rebuked her critics through a tweet. Responding to a hate tweet from Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher, a member of the California State Assembly, Shivon Zilis wrote,
This makes me sad. No one’s perfect but I’ve never met anyone who goes through more personal pain to fight for an inspiring future for humanity – and has done so tirelessly for decades. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but mine is that there’s no one I respect and admire more.”