|Full name||Lauren Wendy Sánchez|
|Other name||W. Lauren Sánchez|
|Profession(s)||Journalist, Entrepreneur, Actor, Media personality|
|Famous for||Being Jeff Bezos' fiancée|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||19 December 1969 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA|
|Hometown||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|School||• Del Norte High School, San Diego, California
• Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles
|College/University||• El Camino College, Torrance, California
• University of Southern California
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A degree in communication at El Camino College
• A degree in journalism at the University of Southern California
Note: She studied at the University of Southern California on a scholarship.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Anthony Miller (NFL player)
• Derek Fisher (NBA player)
• Henry Simmons (Hollywood actor)
• Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon)
Note: She began an extra-marital affair with Jeff in 2018.
|Fiancé||• Rory Markas (deceased in 2010; rumoured, sports broadcaster) E! Online
• Jeff Bezos (engaged in May 2023) (founder of Amazon)
|Husband/Spouse||First Husband- Tony Gonzalez (former NFL player)
Second Husband- Patrick Whitesell (m.2005-div.2019) (businessman, executive chairman of Endeavor)
Note: According to some sources, Lauren was not married to Tony Gonzalez and was only in a relationship with him.
• Nikko Gonzalez (with Tony Gonzalez; professional rugby player)
• Evan Whitesell (with Patrick Whitesell)
• Ella Whitesell (with Patrick Whitesell)
|Parents||Father- Ray Sánchez
Mother- Eleanor Sánchez
|Siblings||Brother- Michael Sánchez (singer)
Sister- Elena Sánchez Blair (photographer)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$30 million (as of 2023)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lauren Sánchez
- Lauren Sánchez is a Mexican-American news anchor, businesswoman, Hollywood actress, and media person who is best known for appearing in Barbara Walters’ The View, FOX 11’s Good Day LA and Ten O’clock News, CNN’s Larry King Live, Joy Behar: Say Anything!, and HLN’s Showbiz Tonight. Lauren has often made the headlines for being in a relationship with Jeff Bezos, the owner of the e-commerce giant Amazon. She again came into the limelight in May 2023 after she got engaged to Jeff.
- According to Lauren, her family underwent a financial crisis when she was a child. She talked about it in an interview and said,
We came from nothing. I used to sleep in the back of my grandmother’s car when she would go clean houses, and I’ve been fortunate enough to have a career.”
- In the late 1980s, Lauren was one of the contenders at the Miss Hawaiian Tropic International Beauty pageant.
- Lauren underwent a helicopter flying course while studying at the University of Southern California.
- After completing college, Lauren was employed as a desk assistant at KCOP-TV in Los Angeles.
- After leaving her job at KCOP-TV, Lauren moved to Phoenix, where she was hired as an anchor and a news reporter by KTVK-TV.
- She began working at a syndicated news broadcasting news magazine titled Extra in 1997. She worked there as a weekend anchor/correspondent till 2000.
- She was later hired as a news correspondent by the Fox Sports Network (FSN) for its sports magazine Going Deep. Thereafter, she started working as an entertainment reporter at The Best Damn Sports Show Period, which aired on FSN. She got nominated for an Emmy Award while working at the FSN.
- She was re-employed by KCOP-TV in Los Angeles in 1999. While working there as an anchor, she received an Emmy Award.
- She participated in the nationwide hosting competition in February 2002 in the second season of The View. In the show, she ended up as a runner-up.
- Lauren Sánchez hosted the first season of a dance reality TV show titled So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) in 2005. She, however, refused to host the show’s second season as she was pregnant.
- In 2009, she was re-hired by Extra, where she worked there as a weekend anchor and special correspondent.
- Apart from news anchoring, Lauren has acted in several Hollywood films and TV series including Babylon 5 (1997), Fight Club (1999), Girlfriends (2001), Hollywood Homicide (2003), Fantastic Four (2005), The Longest Yard (2005), The Agency (2005), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007), White House Down (2013), Rake (2014), and Ted 2 (2015)
- Her name was listed in People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful” 2010 issue.
- After passing rigorous flying tests, Lauren earned her helicopter pilot’s license in 2016.
- Lauren Sánchez founded Black Ops Aviation, US’ first woman-owned aerial film and production company, in 2017. The company owns an impressive fleet of aircrafts and helicopters like BELL 429 w/Shotover, AS350 w/Shotover, and Cirrus SR22. Under her directorship, the company has rendered its services to entertainment networks including ABC, Discovery Canada, Sony, Netflix, and Discovery.
- Lauren Sánchez was later appointed as the Vice Chairperson of the Bezos Earth Fund through which she tries to educate the people across the globe about the threats posed by climate change.
- In February 2019, Jeff made his relationship with Lauren public through a blog post according to which Jeff and Lauren were being blackmailed by a pro-Donald Trump media house named American Media, Inc. of releasing Jeff and Lauren’s private photos to the public. Jeff also claimed that American Media, Inc. demanded that the Washington Post, owned by Jeff, should curtail posting negative information and articles about Donald Trump. The New York Times
- It was disclosed in March 2019 that American Media, Inc. has gotten its hands on Jeff and Lauren’s private photos and texts through Lauren’s brother Michael following which Lauren cut all relations with him. According to sources, Michael received $200,000 from American Media, Inc. to supply them with the couple’s intimate information; however, Michael defended himself by denying the claims. MEAWW While giving an interview, he said,
I’m not saying I didn’t do something. Until I go under oath, what I can tell you now is that ever since April 20, when I met Jeff, my only goal has been to protect Jeff and Lauren.
Lauren later revealed that she once helped Michael come out of bankruptcy by giving him a job and $165,000.
Lauren Sanchez reportedly “cuts all ties” with her brother Michael after it’s revealed she saved him from bankruptcy by giving him a job and $165K – and he thanked her by allegedly leaking news of her husband Jeff Bezos’ affair.
How would you handle a family betrayal like this? pic.twitter.com/YItSSIBsuY
— The Talk (@TheTalkCBS) February 27, 2019
- In 2023, Lauren announced that she would fly to space with an all-woman crew aboard the New Shepard rocket in 2024.
- According to Lauren, she suffers from a learning disorder called Dyslexia. She talked about it in an interview and said,
I am dyslexic and I literally had to put myself in a room and just cram to figure it out. They call them learning differences now, which is really sweet, but growing up I just thought that I was stupid. My co-anchors knew I was dyslexic but not many more [did]. I felt like I had to hide it because it just wasn’t something that people talked about.”
- Lauren likes animals, and she owns an Old English Sheepdog named Luna and an Alaskan Malamute named Blu.