|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 45 kg
in pounds- 99 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||30 26 32|
|Debut||Film:- Hostel Returns as Alina (2015)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2016
• Nominated for National Film Awards for Best Supporting Actress in the movie Hostel Returns
• Won the SAARC Film Festival Award for Best Performance in the movie Bulbul
• Won the National Film Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female)
|Date of Birth||4 July 1995 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||26 Years|
|School||Sainik Awasiya Maha Vidyalaya from BHAKTAPUR|
|College/University||Thapathali Campus, College in Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• 2010: School Leaving Certificate from Sainik Awasiya Mahavidhyalaya, Sallaghari, Bhaktapur Nepali actress
• 2012: Bachelor’s degree in architecture from the Thapathali Campus, College in Kathmandu, Nepal My Republica
|Hobbies||Travelling and Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Place||The Royal Events Banquet and Restaurant in Tinkune|
|Marriage Date||17 February 2016
|Husband||Nischal Basnet (a Nepali director, actor and playback singer)
|Parents||Father- Tirtha Khadka (retired Nepali army officer)
Mother- Karuna Khadka (Housewife)
|Siblings||She is the only daughter of her parents.|
|Food||DAAL, Bhaat, and Tarkaari|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swastima Khadka
- Swastima Khadka is a Nepali film actress and model. In 2015, she marked her Nepali debut with the film Hostel Returns that nominated her for the National Film Award for the Best Supporting Actress. Her several films received positive reviews from critics and became commercially successful.
- In 2013, Swastima Khadka was one of the top five finalists of the Miss Nepal Teen competition.
- Swastima Khadka participated in the Nepali National beauty pageant Miss Teen Nepal at the age of 17.
- In 2015, Swastima appeared in Suraj Bhusal’s movie Hostel Returns along with the Nepali actors Sushil Shrestha, Najir Hussain, and Sunil Rawal. She played the role of Alina in the movie. In 2017, she was cast in a romantic-drama movie titled Love Love Love where she portrayed Samriddhi. Her performance in the movie was praised by critics. A leading newspaper named The Himalayan Times wrote for her performance in the movie Love Love Love,
Khadka’s act is appealing. Her body language, gestures and dialogue delivery are brilliant.”
- In 2017, she appeared in the movie Chhakka Panja 2. This movie was regarded as the second-highest commercial Nepali movie that earned 60 million Nepalese rupees within six days of its release. In a conversation with a media house The Nepali Man, Swastima Khadka shared her experience while working with the cast and crew of Chhakka Panja 2. She narrated,
Ah, I got to learn a lot! They have already been in the field for more than 20 years; they obviously know a lot more than I do. And not only did I learn stuff about movies while working with them, but also understand other areas like dealing with the media, interacting with them… everything! I admit, I get overshadowed by them sometimes but then, rather than a disadvantage, I like to think of it as an advantage to stay in the sideline and absorb what I can from them. After all, they are the superstars!”
In the same year, she was seen in the guest appearance in “Kutu Ma Kutu.” Soon after its release, this music video received 100 million views on YouTube. A leading media house named Nepali Sansar wrote for her performance in “Kutu Ma Kutu” video song,
Swastima Khadka danced gracefully to this catchy Nepali number. Her sweet smile and performance will flash before us every time we listen to Kutu Ma Kutu.”
- In 2018, she appeared in the romantic-drama movie named Nai Nabhannu La 5. Swastima Khadka portrayed Ranjana, a teenage girl in the movie. Reportedly, within seven days of the release, this film earned approximately two crores (20 million) of Nepalese rupees. In the same year, she worked in the film Chhakka Panja 3 where she appeared in a minor role, and her character in the movie was a Brahmin girl. At the end of this year, she appeared in the movie Jai Bhole along with the Nepali actors Khagendra Lamichhane, Saugat Malla, and Buddhi Tamang.
- In 2019, Swastima Khadka appeared in a Nepali drama movie Bulbul. In the same year, this film was chosen for the Best International Feature Film at the 92nd Academy Awards. In the movie, Swastima played the role of a student driver named Ranakala in Kathmandu. In a media conference, Swastima commented on her performance in the movie and stated that she received maximum appreciation for the movie Bulbul out of her six movies. She narrated,
Out of all my six movies, I received maximum appreciation for Bulbul. So this does mean that somewhere there is a solid part of the audience that does enjoy these independent movies. Bulbul went onto its fourth week. In this time, for any movie to run into its second week is a very good response. So, Bulbul being on its fourth is a huge feat in itself. That is why I am pretty sure that an audience who does understand such art movies is growing.”
- In 2019, Swastima Khadka appeared in two movies titled Hajar Juni Samma and Ghamad Shere. In the movie Hajar Juni Samma, she portrayed the character Avantika, and in Ghamad Shere, she played the role of Gauri. In Ghamad Shere, she was cast as the sister-in-law of Shere, Swastima’s real-life husband Nischal Basnet. After the release of the movie, a journalist from Kathmandu Post commented on the cast of the movie. He said,
To cast Swastima as a reel-life sister-in-law to her real-life husband Nischal might have seemed like a good idea, or something ‘different’ on paper, but it hardly works. Both actors try hard to be consistent with their respective characters but it’s not enough to make us believe that they’re anything except Nischal and Swastima, the real-life couple.”
- Swastima Khadka and her husband has been nicknamed “Rashtriya Dai and Bhauju” by their fans in Nepal. Party Nepal
- In her leisure time, Swastima Khadka adores listening to Jazz and Sufi songs, and she is fond of watching romantic-comedy movies. Swastima Khadka loves to do architectural sketching in her free time.
- Several renowned magazines and tabloids often feature Swatima Khadka on their cover page.
- In her childhood, she desired to join the army. She received her school education from a Sainik school in Nepal.
- Swastima promotes commercial products on her social media account.
- She is the recipient of Navdurga Samman 2019 by the Nepal government.
- Swastima’s husband Nischal is 14 years older than her.
- Swastima has also walked the ramps at various events.
- Swastima Khadka is a compassionate animal lover. She often posts pictures of her pet dog on her social media account.
- Swastima does not like to eat curry of brinjal and ladyfinger.