Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 24 Years
|Profession||YouTuber & Content Creator|
|Physical Stats & More|
|YouTube Height||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Date of Birth||4 July 1997 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College/University||• BMS College of Engineering, Bengaluru
• Chapman University, California
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science (2015-2019)
• Master of Business Administration (2019-2021) LinkedIn
|Ethnicity||South Indian The New Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||She has a younger brother|
|Food||Biryani, Sambar, & Dal|
|Content Creator||Bretman Rock, Liza Koshy & David Dobrik|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Niharika Nm
- Niharika Nm is a Los Angeles-based Indian content creator who is popular for her comical, witty and relatable YouTube videos and Instagram Reels. The YouTube sensation is famous for her stereotypical Bangalorean accent.
- Although she hated attending school, she was an outstanding student who scored above 90% in her ICSE board exams. Her exceptional performance in the board exams led her to pursue the science stream. Later, her parents enrolled her into the IIT coaching classes, but, due to a lack of interest, she miserably failed in it.
- She established her Youtube channel in 2016 when she was in her second year of engineering college. On Jul 4, 2016, she uploaded her first YouTube video titled ‘Types Of People On Birthdays.’
- Her YouTube channel features a “Types” video series in which she humorously presents types of people of a particular category, like Types of people at restaurants, Types Of People At The Gym, and Types Of Moms.
- In an interview, she revealed that in the beginning, she uploaded videos just for amusement as YouTube was just a creative outlet for her. Soon, when her videos began gaining popularity, the audience demanded her consistency. Unable to balance academics and content creation, she discontinued uploading videos for a while.
- Later, when she moved to the US for her MBA, she started creating content for Instagram when it launched the Reels feature. In an interview, she said,
There was no other excuse to avoid creating content. Also, it is easier to hold audience attention for 15 to 20 seconds than it is for 15 minutes.”
- In 2018, she came into the limelight with her YouTube video titled ‘Types Of Students During An Exam.’
- Due to the outbreak of Coronavirus, with everyone amid a lockdown, people sought solace in light-hearted and amusing content. The pandemic turned out to be favourable for Niharika who shot to fame with her entertaining reels and YouTube videos.
- In November 2020, Niharika created a Reel on Instagram titled ‘One Way Street It is,’ which went viral on the internet. The reel bagged 10 million views within ten days. Since then, her followers have been growing exponentially.
- She turned out to be one of the fastest-growing digital content creators on Instagram who crossed 1 million followers within two months of starting her account with 100k followers.
- She has an extremely diverse taste in comedy and draws her inspiration from Hollywood actors Jim Carrey, and Rowan Atkinson, as well as South Indian actors Brahmanandam, Vadivelu, Vivek, Santhanam, and Vennela Kishore.
- She made a guest appearance in Netflix’s Behensplaining (2020), a weekly show on Netflix’s YouTube channel, featuring popular Indian content creators Kusha Kapila and Srishti Dixit reviewing various shows and films.
- She can speak in five different languages; Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada.
- She is also the first solo creator to have represented India at YouTube Creators For Change, a global initiative that highlights inspirational stories of various YouTubers, two times in a row.