Hometown: Rono, Arunachal Pradesh
Age: 26 Years
|Profession||Fingerstyle Guitarist, Singer & Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut||EP: Bond With Nature (2016)
Full-Length Album: Bombay Dream (2019)
|Date of Birth||24 December 1993 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Rono, Doimukh, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Rono, Doimukh, Arunachal Pradesh|
|School||Govt. Higher Secondary School, Doimukh, Arunachal Pradesh
|College/University||• Dera Natung Government College, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
• Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music in Chennai
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation from Dera Natung Government College, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
• Studied Music from Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music in Chennai; dropped out in the final year of his graduation
|Community||Nyishi Tribe Indian Express|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling & Doodling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names not known
|Siblings||Brother- 1 (elder)
|Singer||Bryan Adams, Michael Jackson|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taba Chake
- Taba Chake was passionate about music since his childhood. At the age of six, he started listening to music and began recreating them. When he turned 11, he started writing his own songs.
- Though he is skilled in playing the guitar, he didn’t like the instrument during the initial years of his training as a guitarist. It was when he was studying in a boarding school that a talented fellow hosteller sang and played a song of Bryan Adams in Guitar. Taba liked the way the guitar sounded and started to take the guitar seriously.
- Taba Chake musical journey in 2009 by forming a Hindi band in Arunanchal Pradesh; active till 2011. In 2011, the band released two singles; one of them being ‘Sun Le Meri.’
- After his band broke up, he decided to become an independent artist and began performing at clubs in Delhi and Mumbai. Talking about those times, he said,
I remember singing the same lyrics in different tunes almost every weekend, and you know what… It was only me who knew [them]! No one cared.”
- In 2014, he participated in the All India FingerStyle Competition by Infinite Souls and came second.
- He has travelled around the world; playing in various music festivals such as Ragasthan, Ziro Festival of Music, Shine A Light, New Wave Asia, and Songs and Dances of NorthEast.
- His music is heavily inspired by the tribal folklore, birds, and nature. His songs are mainly in Nishi (his native tongue), Hindi, and English languages.
- He is fluent in Assamese, Nagamese Creole, Hindi, English, and Nishi languages.
References/Sources: [ + ]