Husband: Pratik Doshi
Age: 32 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
|Other name||Parakala Vangmayi|
|Known for||Being Nirmala Sitharaman's daughter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 May 1991 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India|
|College/University||• Delhi University
• The Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern University
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BA in English Literature at Delhi University
• MA in English Literature at Delhi University
• MSc in Journalism (with specialization in magazine writing and photojournalism) at The Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern University Mint
|Caste||Brahmin The Statesman|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||7 June 2023|
|Husband/Spouse||Pratik Doshi (officer on special duty at PMO; a close associate of PM Modi)
|Parents||Father- Parakala Prabhakar (politician, political economist, social worker, television presenter, communications advisor in the Government of Andhra Pradesh from 2014 to 2018)
Mother- Nirmala Sitharaman (Finance Minister of India)
|Siblings||She is an only child of her parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vangmayi Parakala
- Vangmayi Parakala is an Indian journalist who is the daughter of Nirmala Sitharaman, India’s Finance Minister.
- After finishing her college studies, she began working as a journalist for the national newspaper The Hindu.
- Later, she joined Mint as a senior correspondent. There, she worked on articles on lifestyle, arts, and technology.
- Her articles have appeared in The New Indian Express, The Voice of Fashion, Literary Hub, Hindustan Times, and Pacific Standard as well.
- She is a travel enthusiast and has been to numerous countries.
- In 2018, Nirmala Sitharaman had a photo taken with a female Indian Army officer, which was re-posted on social media by various social media handles, stating that the woman was Nirmala’s daughter. However, it was later revealed that the information of the media handles was untrue, and the woman officer in the photo was not Nirmala’s daughter. The Times of India
- In November 2018, she was selected for the Out of Eden Walk and the Slow Journalism Workshop organized by the National Geographic Society. There, she received guidance from Paul Salopek, a two times winner of the Pulitzer Prize, and a photo visual journalist named Arati Kumar Rao.
- Vangmayi Parakala penned a personal essay in December 2021 about the cultural trend of owning cats as pets, which was adapted into Simon & Schuster India’s book, Cat People.
- As per sources, only the close friends and family of the bride and groom attended their wedding ceremony, and famous people were not present. The seers from Udupi Adamaru Mutt also came to the wedding to give their blessings to the couple. The wedding followed the ancient rituals of Adamaru Mutt as mentioned in the Vedas.