|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 187 cm
in meters- 1.87 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
Film: Arya's Love (2013)
Film: Neecha Sullu Sutho Naalige in the film 'Kirik Party' (2016)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2017: 2nd IIFA Utsavam Best Actor in a Negative Role for the film 'Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu'
• 2017: 6th SIIMA Awards Best Actor in a Negative Role for the film 'Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu'
• 2017: 64th Filmfare Awards South Best Supporting Actor for the film 'Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu'
|Date of Birth||19 October 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Ramanathapura, Hassan, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Mysore, Karnataka, India|
|School||• Sharada Vilas Education Institute, Mysore
• Sadvidya School, Mysore
|College/University||• Sri Sai Sathyanarayana College Of Management And Science, Bengaluru
• National Degree College, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors of Computer Applications from National Degree College, Bengaluru|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Vijay Narasimha
Mother- Name Not Known (government teacher)
|Siblings||Sister- Vindhya N Simha
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vasishta N. Simha
- Vasishta N. Simha is an Indian actor, singer, and director who works predominantly in the Kannada film industry.
- He was born and brought up in Mysore, Karnataka. After completing his formal education, he worked as a software engineer in a private firm. He was fond of acting and directing since his younger days. During an interview, he talked about it and said,
I directed a play in my college days, I also won an award for that. All of this was very encouraging for me. I used to make frequent trips to a theatre in Bangalore and that attracted me more towards cinema. I started acting in theatre plays. I have acted in half a dozen plays. I left my job and put my 100 percent focus on plays. From there my cinematic journey began.”
- In 2011, Simha left his job and decided to pursue with a career in acting. His first film in which he acted called ‘Hubballi Hudagaru’ went unreleased.
- The actor made his debut in 2013 with a small role in Puneeth Arya directed romantic Kannada movie ‘Aryas Love.’ In the same year, he also featured in the comedy-drama film Raja Huli, in which he played the character named Jagga. The Guru Deshpande directed film featured Vasishta N. Simha opposite Yash, Meghana Raj, Moni, Chikkanna, and Charan Raj.
- In 2015, Vasishta appeared on the screen as Jagga in the Kannada-language action film ‘Rudra Tandava.’ THe other cast of the film includes Chiranjeevi Sarja, Radhika Kumaraswamy, P. Ravi Shankar, Girish Karnad and Krishna. The film portrays the narrative of Shivaraj (Sarja), a normal man who seeks vengeance for the murder of his brother by the local mafia. Following this, he worked in the film ‘Alone,’ a multilingual action film. Alone, the Kannada adaptation of the film, was released in theatres in November 2015 to mediocre reviews. According to an Indiaglitz.com critic, “the first half is disgusting” and “boring,” but “the second half is such a great handling by the filmmaker.” Later he appeared in movies like Karai Oram, and Nan Love Track.
- Vasishta N. Simha got the breakthrough of his career with his performance as Ranga in the film ‘Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu.’ This Hemanth Rao wrote and directed Kannada drama film was released theatrically on 3rd June 2016 and proved to be a blockbuster for the Kannada cinema. The film stars Anant Nag and Rakshit Shetty in the lead roles along with Achyuth Kumar, Sruthi Hariharan, Vasishta N. Simha and Ravikiran in supporting roles. The plot centres around the disappearance of Venkob Rao, a middle-aged man suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. His son Shiva, who is concerned about his father’s absence, starts on a quest with the assistance of a female doctor. Venkob falls involved with a murderer. The rest of the film revolves around whether or not Shiva finds his father. Vasishta N. Simha’s acting skills in the film received huge critical acclaims. He received three awards including 2nd IIFA Utsavam Best Actor in a Negative Role, 6th SIIMA Awards Best Actor in a Negative Role, and 64th Filmfare Awards South Best Supporting Actor, and several other nominations. He also earned great opportunities to work in various big projects.
- With ‘Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu,’ Simha established himself as a mainstream actor in the Kannada film industry and later on he indulged himself in various other great projects like Sundaranga Jaana, Upendra Matte Baa, and Mufti.
- In 2017, he featured in Rohit Padak directed Kannada-language satirical film ‘Dayavittu Gamanisi.’ He played the character named Proxy opposite Raghu Mukherjee, Samyukta Hornad, Sukrutha Wagle, Prakash Belawadi, Rajesh Nataranga, Bhavana Rao, and Sangeetha Bhat.
- Vasishta N. Simha has become one of the most preferable name to work with for every Kannada film. When he was asked about his favourite director with whom he wish to work. He replied,
Hansalekha is my favourite music director. I once tried to contact him to arrange a meeting. After that, I came to his notice. One day, he called and asked me to sing and that’s how my singing career began. In that period my interest in films increased. And, that’s how I entered the industry.”
- Vasishta N. Simha celebrated the year 2021 in an unusual way, adopting a lion cub on 1 January . He called the cub, which is held in Bannerghatta Biological Park, Vijay Narasimha after his father.
I wanted to welcome 2021 differently, and I am happy to have a new member in the family, whom I cannot always have next to me, but I am glad to take responsibility of.”
- In 2018, the Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu fame actor again rose to limelight after his appearance in K.G.F: Chapter 1, one of the biggest blockbuster of Kannada film industry. The Indian Kannada-language period action film written and directed by Prashanth Neel, and produced by Vijay Kiragandur was released on 21 December 2018 and the film gathered a total of 250 crore throughout its theatrical run, establishing the record for the highest earning Kannada film of all time, and became a cult success. Vasishta N. Simha played the role of Kamal opposite Yash, Ramachandra Raju, Srinidhi Shetty, Ananth Nag, and Achyuth Kumar.
- Apart from Kannada, he has also worked in the Telugu film industry. On his views about working in multiple Indian film industries and establishing himself as a pan-India actor, he narrated,
I feel that the result of pan-India films is always unpredictable. Instead, I believe that it is better for the artiste to make a pan-India presence. With a chance to work in different languages, the actor gets to connects with people from all regions,” he says, adding, “My entry to film industries in other languages has been accidental, and at the same time exceptional, because I was offered roles based on my previous work. Though it was unexpected, I am glad the approach made by them was based on my talent.
- Vasishta N. Simha made his singing debut in the 2016 Kannada-language romantic comedy film ‘Kirik Party,’ with the song ‘Neecha Sullu Sutho Naalige,’ directed by Rishab Shetty. The unplugged song named Marete Hodenu was his second song in the film ‘Dayavittu Gamanisi.’ In 2018, he delivered another song for the Kirrak Party sequel, Neechamaina. After that, he sang songs such as 6ne Maili Title Track and Dhwaja. The audience praised the actor for his singing abilities as well. He also appears in a number of music concerts.
- Vasishta N. Simha revealed in 2022 that he will be appearing in K.G.F: Chapter 2, the second portion of the sequel to the 2018 film K.G.F: Chapter 1. Yash, Sanjay Dutt, Srinidhi Shetty, Raveena Tandon, Vasishta N. Simha, and Prakash Raj star in the film. This film’s plot will be based on the Rocky, whose name frightens his opponents, becomes the uplifter of persons struggling at the KGF by supporting and fighting for them after defeating Garuda. Rocky is seen as a saviour by his allies. Now he must face his greatest foe, Adheera, and learn more about his past. The film is set to be released on April 14, 2022. In this sequel, he will play a character named Kamal.