Some Lesser Known Facts About Soumya Kamble
- Saumya Kamble is an Indian dancer. On 16 October 2021, she participated in India’s Best Dancer Season 2 telecasted on Sony Entertainment Television, and on 9 January 2022, she became the winner of the show.
- Saumya Kamble auditioned for India’s Best Dancer Season 2 reality show by dancing to the Bollywood song ‘Ek Dil’ from the movie Padmavat. During an interview with a media house, she stated that her mother always supported her in dance, while her father wanted her to be a doctor. During the initial selection rounds of the show, Saumya’s father bet Rs. 500 with her mother, saying their daughter would get eliminated from the dance show. However, she got selected for the show. Her father further bet Rs. 5000, saying that she would disqualify for the next round. Terence Lewis, one of the judges of the dance show, bet with her father with Rs. 5000 and said that he would pay him Rs. 5000 if Saumya would not get qualified for the next round to which Saumya said in a conversation on the dance stage that she wanted to fulfil her father’s dream of becoming a doctor; however, she also desired to continue her dance. She narrated,
I am grateful to have got the opportunity of pursuing my passion for dance on such an esteemed platform. But I also intend to study further and become a doctor, thereby fulfilling my dad’s dream. I firmly believe nothing is impossible and if we set our minds to achieve something, nothing can stop us. The sky’s the limit! But for now, I will put all my dedication and focus on becoming the best dancer India has ever seen.”
- Kamble is a professional classical dancer.
- Saumya Kamble remains very active on her Instagram and Facebook accounts. She has over 8k followers on Instagram and often posts her pictures and videos on it to keep her followers entertained.
- Saumya Kamble is a fitness enthusiast, and she often posts pictures of her yoga sessions on social media.
- Saumya Kamble is a compassionate animal lover. She often posts pictures of her pet dog on her social media accounts.
- In 2018, Saumya Kamble was honoured with the best dance certificate by the HOUSE Dance Style legend Ejoe Wilson.
- Apart from being a dancer, Saumya Kamble is also a YouTuber. On her YouTube Channel, she often posts videos of her articulated dancing moves. She has more than a thousand subscribers on her YouTube channel.
- On 6 October 2021, Saumya Kamble appeared as a guest on The Kapil Sharma Show on Sony Entertainment Television. She performed on The Kapil Sharma Show along with other contestants.