Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Marital Status: Married
|Other name||Vik Thapar LinkedIn-Vikas Thapar|
|Famous For||Being the Senior Vice President of Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||• The University of California, San Diego
• USC Marshall School of Business, California
|Educational Qualification LinkedIn-Vikas Thapar||• BS in Management Science from UC San Diego
• MBA Financial Management from USC Marshall School of Business
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Namita Thapar (entrepreneur)
|Children||Son(s)- Jai, Vir
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Ramni Thapar
|Siblings||Sister- Bhavna Battu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vikas Thapar
- Vikas Thapar is an Indian Businessman. He is best known for being the senior vice president of the Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited, which is a Indian pharmaceutical company with global presence engaged in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of pharmaceutical products globally. He has a proven track record with 23 years of work experience and expertise in providing value-added business and financial support to multiple companies across different industries.
- He is also known for being the husband of one of the leading entrepreneurs of India Namita Thapar.
- He grew up in an affluent family in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Vikas Thapar did her schooling at a school in Pune.
- In 1996, he began working for a company named Tantec Magnetics for their PC division as their Senior Business Analyst.
- Later, in 2000, he joined Agilent Technologies as a Finance Manager. The company provides laboratory solutions to meet the full spectrum of needs for performing environmental testing, academic research, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, and food testing,
- Prior to working for more than four years in Agilent Technologies, Vikas Thapar got employed as the Finance Manager for eBay Inc., an American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website.
- In 2006, he joined Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited, an integrated Indian pharmaceutical company with global presence engaged in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of pharmaceutical products globally. Vikas has been an integral part of the Emcure management team for the last 15 years. He initially looked at Business Development and later his role expanded to include Corporate Strategy and Finance. Vikas Thapar’s wife, Namita’s father, Satish Mehta is the founder of Emcure Pharmaceuticals. Vikas has led Emcure’s inorganic growth strategies over the years and has spearheaded acquisitions of various companies, brands and product portfolios. He initially looked at Business Development and later his role expanded to include Corporate Strategy and Finance. He has played a crucial role in spearheading Emcure’s growth in Europe and Canada. Vikas has led Emcure’s inorganic growth strategies over the years and has spearheaded acquisitions of various companies, brands and product portfolios.
- Before joining Emcure, Vikas Thapar worked in the Silicon Valley, USA with Ebay/PayPal as well as Agilent Technologies where he worked in Finance.