in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
Date of Birth
18 October 1965
Age (as in 2017)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign
St. Peter’s High School, Mumbai
Kishinchand Chellaram College, Mumbai
Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai
University of Mumbai
Debut as Islamic Preacher
Reading, Writing, Listening to Islamic Spiritual Music
Awards, Honours, Achievements
King Faisal International Prize for Service to Islam, 2015
• Once, Zakir Naik took a huge flak when he recommended death penalties for homosexuals and for apostasy from the faith.
• Once he supported Osama Bin Laden indirectly by calling him as a "soldier of Islam." This statement fomented unrest in the crowd and in 2008, an Islamic scholar in Lucknow, Shahar qazi Mufti Abul Irfan Mian Firangi Mahali, issued a fatwa against Naik, saying that he supported Osama bin Laden and that his teachings were un-Islamic. Later, Naik claimed his speeches were taken out of context.
• Naik was barred from entering the United Kingdom and Canada in June 2010.
• The Daily Star News Paper revealed investigations of the Dhaka Terror Attack of July 2016 that the terrorist involved in the brutal killings followed Zakir Naik's page on Facebook and was influenced by Naik's speeches.
• In 2016, he admitted that Rahil Sheikh, involved in 2006 Mumbai train bombings, was working as a volunteer for his organization 'Islamic Research Foundation' (IRF), but he did not know Rahil personally. Although Naik also claimed that Rahil was sacked from his office. About 200 people were killed in the bombing and investigation revealed the bombers were influenced by Naik's sermons.
• On 18 July 2017, India invalidated Naik's passport following a recommendation from the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Girls, Affairs and More
Son- Fariq Naik Daughter- Rushdaa Naik
Father- Abdul Karim Naik (Physician) Mother- Name not known
Brother- Mohammad Naik Sister- Nailah Naushad Noorani
Favourite Public Speaker
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zakir Naik
Does Zakir Naik smoke?: No
Does Zakir Naik drink alcohol?: No
Naik is an Indian Islamic preacher and the founder and president of the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF).
In 1987, he met Ahmed Deedat (An Islamic Preacher) and got influenced very much.
In 1991, he got into the field of Dawah (Preachings of Islam).
In 1994, his first debate took place with the views of Taslima Nasreen on Islam in her book Lajja, organized at the “Mumbai Marathi Patrakar Sangh”, entitled “Is Religious Fundamentalism a Stumbling block to Freedom of Expression?.”
Naik’s visit and conference in Cardiff drew controversy in August 2006 when Welsh MP David Davies called for his appearance to be cancelled. He labelled Naik a hate-monger.
In 2010, he was ranked 89 on The Indian Express’s list of the “100 Most Powerful Indians.”
In July 2013, he was named as the Islamic Personality of the Year by the 17th Dubai International Holy Quran Award (DIHQA).
Naik was listed in the book ‘The 500 Most Influential Muslims‘ under honourable mention, in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013/2014 editions.
He is facing various cases in India, including for hate speech and for money laundering and residing in other countries to evade the arrest.