Age: 45 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
• Film Producer
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Abhimaan (1990) as 'child artist'|
|Awards||• 2003: Best Actor in a Leading Role Female for the Assamese film ‘Agnisakshi’ at the State Film Awards in Assam
• 2014: Best Actress for ‘Dwaar’ at the first Filmfare Awards East
|Date of Birth||18 August 1979 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Lakhimpur, Assam, India|
|School||Nichols high school, Guwahati, Assam|
|College/University||• Cotton College, Guwahati
• University of Delhi
• J B Law College, Guwahati
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BA Hons in History at Cotton College
• Post-graduation in History at University of Delhi
• Bachelor of law at J B Law College Facebook - Zerifa Wahid
|Hobbies||Dancing and Singing|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Wahid Ullah
Mother- Inoo Hazarika
Sister- Jenifa Wahid (Joya) (elder)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zerifa Wahid
- Zerifa Wahid is an Indian film actress and producer, who primarily works in the Assamese film industry. She has worked in many National Award-winning Assamese films.
- She developed an interest in acting at a very young age and has worked in many Assamese feature films, TV commercials, music albums, and video songs.
- In 2004, she played the role of a rural girl in the Assamese film ‘Antaheen Jatra.’
- She has worked in many Assamese films including ‘Agnigarh’ (1994), ‘Atikram’ (1994), ‘Kadambari’ (2004), and ‘Bhoga Khirikee’ (2018).
- In 2008, she played the role of a schizophrenic in ‘Ahir Bhairav,’ the first Assamese feature film to be completely shot in London.
- After she completed her graduation from J B Law College, she began to practice law as an advocate at the Guwahati High Court. Deccan Herald
- After she established a production house named ‘Zerifa Wahid Productions,’ she became the first Assamese actress to do so.
- She has acted in and produced many popular theatrical productions including ‘Agnibrishti,’ ‘Pancharatna,’ ‘Nagamandala,’ and ‘Purush.’
- To enhance the production quality, Zerifa suggested organizing a theatre festival called ‘JUST THEATRE’ in Guwahati during October and November 2014. This festival featured three plays: ‘Nagamandala,’ ‘Napoleon,’ and ‘Love Letters’ by A. R. Gurney.
- Zerifa has actively participated in social work. She promotes the IT brand DATAMATION and serves as an ambassador for the Assam Autism Foundation and Special Olympics Bharat (Assam Chapter).
- In an interview, while talking about the Assamese industry Zerifa said that OTT platforms were not giving enough recognition to her work and that of other Assamese and Northeast actors and directors. Assamese artists believed they were not getting the spotlight they deserved in the mainstream industry.
- She is an avid animal lover and often posts pictures with animals on social media.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often practices yoga.
- Zerifa was initially a member of Raijor Dal but in 2021, she decided to leave Raijor Dal and joined AJP (Assam Jatiya Parishad). Northeast Now
- She serves as the brand ambassador for Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya’s eye donation campaign in Assam. She has also made a pledge to donate her eyes to the hospital after her passing. The Telegraph