Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 23 Years
|Nickname(s)||Aditya Gulf News|
|Profession||Co-Founder & CEO of Zepto|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Date of Birth||Year, 2001|
|Age (as of 2023)||23 Years|
|College/University||• GEMS Modern Academy, Dubai, UAE
• Stanford University, US
|Educational Qualification(s)||• IB Diploma, Mathematics and Computer Science at GEMS Modern Academy, Dubai
• Dropped out of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science at Stanford University, US Aadit Palicha - LinkedIn
|Ethnicity||His father comes from a Gujarati family, while his mother hails from Mumbai. Gulf News|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Kavit Palicha (engineer, stakeholder in Zepto)
Mother- Urvashi Palicha (Chief Executive Officer of Search Point)
|Siblings||Brother- Ishaan Palicha
|Net Worth (as of 2022)||Rs 1,200 crore NDTV|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aadit Palicha
- Aadit Palicha is an Indian entrepreneur who is the Co-Founder & CEO of the online grocery store Zepto, which became India’s fastest-growing e-grocery company within months of its incorporation in 2021.
- He spent his childhood in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- A national-level debater during his school days, Aadit graduated as a valedictorian from Gems Modern Academy (GMA). He was also the President of the Modern Debating Society and the deputy head boy of GMA. In 2020, he achieved a remarkable feat by securing the highest point score possible of 45 in the IDBP Diploma in UAE. Gulf News
- Aadit became friends with Kaivalya Vohra (Co-Founder of Zepto) during his childhood. They both originally came from Mumbai and attended the same school in Dubai. In May 2018, they jointly established a mobile application called GoPool, which aimed to assist parents in Dubai, who live in the same area and have children who go to the same school, to coordinate with each other and carpool with their children to and from school. To develop the GoPool App, they received a grant of Dh53,550 from Emirates NBD. In an interview, Aadit disclosed that the concept of a carpool application first occurred to him when he was 15 years old and experienced traffic congestion while picking up his younger brother, Ishaan, from school. The GoPool project emphasized sustainability, promoting eco-friendly practices, reducing carbon emissions, and helping parents in Dubai save on fossil fuel expenses by encouraging carpooling instead of using individual vehicles.
- Between July 2019 and March 2020, Aadit served as the Project Lead at PryvaSee, an AI project focused on summarizing privacy policies.
- Subsequently, both Aadit and Kaivalya enrolled at Stanford University in the United States to pursue studies in computer engineering. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, they returned to Mumbai in 2020. During their quarantine period, away from their families, they encountered difficulties in purchasing groceries online, with delivery taking around 6-7 days. Recognizing this problem, they launched the KiranaKart app in June 2020, offering faster grocery delivery in Mumbai. However, as they struggled to find a strong fit between their product and the market, they decided to close down KiranaKart in March 2021 and start a new venture called Zepto.
- In April 2021, Aadit and Kaivalya founded Zepto, an online grocery store based in Mumbai. The Covid-19 lockdown boosted their concept of delivering groceries to their doorstep within 10 minutes and led their startup to be valued at $200 million within just one month of operation. In 2021, Zepto successfully delivered 10 lakh orders and collaborated with 86 grocery businesses. Within five months of its launch, the company’s valuation soared to $570 million. Zepto received funding from prominent investors like Y Combinator, Glade Brook Capital, Nexus Venture, Global Founders, and Silicon Valley angel investors Lachy Groom and Neeraj Arora. Although Zepto was introduced in 2021, its valuation surpassed Rs 7,300 crore by 2022. The company experienced rapid growth, expanding its operations to major cities such as Delhi, Chennai, Gurgaon, Bangalore, and Mumbai. Within a short period of time, Zepto transformed from a non-existent entity to a multi-billion valuation business.
- At the young ages of 19 and 20 respectively, Vohra and Palicha were named to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022. They were the youngest start-up founders in the Hurun India Future Unicorn Index 2022. In the same year, they were also featured in Forbes magazine’s influential “30 under 30 (Asia list)” in the e-commerce category.
- The name”Zepto” was derived from the smallest time unit ever measured Zeptosecond.