|Profession(s)||Singer, Musician, Blogger, and Boxer|
|Known For||Being the world’s smallest singer India Today|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Money Control Height||in centimeters- 100 cm
in meters- 1.00 m
in feet & inches- 3’ 3.37”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 15 kg
in pounds- 33 lbs
|Date of Birth||3 September 2003 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||18 Years|
|Birthplace||Gishdarva, Panjakent District, Tajikistan|
|Hometown||Gishdarva, Panjakent District, Tajikistan|
|Religion||Islam Instagram- Abdu Rozik|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram- Abdu Rozdik|
|Parents||His parents are gardeners.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abdu Rozik
- Abdu Rozik is a Tajikistani singer, musician, boxer, and blogger. He holds the world record for being the smallest singer. India Today
- In his childhood, his family’s financial condition was not good. So, when he was detected with rickets (a growth hormone deficiency), his family could not afford to provide him with medical treatment. As a result, his body growth was stunted. During an interview, when he was asked whether his self-confidence was affected by his medical condition, he said,
Not really. I know a lot of people who have no job, no good family, and no money. I’ve had my fair share of struggles, too, but I am happy with where I’ve reached now. I shared the stage with the biggest composer in the world; what more do I want in my career? I’d like to inspire people who have a similar condition. I believe everyone is special in some way.”
- He was then spotted by the Tajik blogger-rapper Baron (Behruz). He liked Abdu’s singing talent and asked his father to allow Abdu to make his career as a singer. His father agreed to it, and Abdu shifted with Baron in Dubai. In the initial years, Baron supported Abdu financially.
- Abdu was six years old when he started his career as a singer. Some of his popular Tajikistani songs are “Ohi Dili Zor” (2019), “Chaki Chaki Boron” (2020), and “Modar” (2021). His songs and other videos are available on the YouTube channel Avlod media. During an interview, he shared how he started singing. He said,
I learnt the songs by listening to them on cassettes. Whenever I was stressed, I used to hum and sing to distract myself. Eventually, singing became a passion. I lived in a village, and so, I used to sing at the bazaars. My social media page still has those videos from when I started,” he shares and adds, “I knew about the latest songs only after I moved to Dubai.”
- He has also participated in various MMA fights. In May 2021, the Russian MMA fighter and TikToker named Hasbulla (who is also suffering from the same disease) challenged him for an MMA fight. Soon after the announcement of the match, the hype was created among the netizens, but the match was termed unethical by the Russian Dwarf Athletic Association (RDAA) and disapproved for the match. In an interview, while talking about the match, Hasbulla said,
Abdu Rozik? He’s a bum. A singer. This fight doesn’t even make sense, fighting with a singer would be a shame for me.”
- In 2021, Rozik’s YouTube video in which he was singing the Hindi song ‘Enna Sona’ by Arijit Singh from the film ‘OK Jaanu’ (2017) went viral on social media.
- He was invited as a guest to the IIFA (2022) award ceremony which was held in Abu Dhabi, UAE. At the event, he sang “Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga” from the film ‘1942: A Love Story’ (1994) and dedicated the song to the Indian actor Salman Khan. Later, Salman who was also present at the event met Abdu and hugged him.
View this post on Instagram
- In 2022, he was invited by the renowned Indian music director A. R. Rahman to his daughter Khatija Rahman’s wedding reception. In an interview, while talking A. R. Rahman, Abdu said,
Ameen (Rahman’s son and musician) knew the work I was doing and reached out to me. We continued to keep in touch, and then, we first met in Dubai. We became good friends and later, I met AR Rahmanji. I played the piano and we all had an impromptu jam session. That was my first meeting with him.”
- He has also performed with the Indian singer A. R. Rahman during a live stage show. During an interview, while sharing his experience, he said,
I sang Mustafa Mustafa along with him on stage. It was such an honour to perform with an Oscar-winning composer, who is known globally for his music. I was definitely nervous when singing his lines. But he was sweet enough to let me sing fully. To share the stage with one of my favourite musicians was a dream-come-true moment for me.”
He further talked about Indians. He said,
I love it here. People in India are so warm and loving. I am glad that they recognised me; some even took pictures with me. I went to the beach, swam in the ocean, and enjoyed eating masala dosa.”
- Abdu Rozik is a popular social media influencer, and as of 2022, he has around 2.7 million followers on his Instagram account. He has met many celebrities across the world.
View this post on Instagram
- He is trained in playing the musical keyboard.
- He loves to travel and do swimming whenever he gets time from his busy schedule.
- Abdu Rozik is an animal lover and has shared a few pictures with animals on his Instagram account.
- During an interview, when he was asked whether he got trolled on social media, he replied,
I am not spared, either. But see, all fingers are not the same. Just like that, we can’t expect everyone to be the same. I’ve reached a point where negative comments don’t affect me anymore.”
- He received the official Barcelona FC Jersey no. 10 in 2022.